Author Topic: ESA CB Support Group  (Read 211 times)

WeDesign

• Gold Member
ESA CB Support Group
« on: August 06, 2017, 05:07:37 PM »
I am currently on ESA CB in Support Group.

I am due to be sending off my completed ESA50.

Q1). If I am assessed and put in the WRAG CB, this last for 365 days, correct?
Q2). What happens to my ESA after the 365 days?

Will I be assessed to be put onto ESA IR? if so do I then lose my CB status within ESA?

WD

Monic1511

Re: ESA CB Support Group
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »
Hi

First up WRAG was abolished for new claims but I suspect that as yours is not a new claim IF you get put into wrag and are assessed as having contributions then yes the contributions last for 365 days.

After 365 days if you have not been found fit then your put on income related ESA wrag and are subject to the means test.  If you are told that your in wrag and your contributions end you need to ask for an ESA3 form which asks about your income capital savings other property etc.

monic

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 09:53:37 AM »
WeDesign,

Has you health actually improved? If not it is important you remember that it is easier to stay in the Support Group now than it used to be to get in it, I am talking about how harsh the assessemnt were from 2009 - 2011. As far as I know you only get a year in total in WRAG Contibutions based ESA so if you have been on it before then that time need to be taken into account. I have not researched this in a while bit a few years ago I did and yes if you go from WRAG to the Support Group then you get Contibutions based ESA back. It is complicated but basically your claim has to be continueous and you need to made sure you are getting National Insurance credits.

I remember people posting about this and saying so if they get put in WRAG do they have to do the work related tasks to get National Insurance credits and the answer is ye.

Monic's information is the most up to date we have.

>bighugs<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »
http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7649

Existing claimants will not be affected, while there will be protections for those who may move into the WRAG or Universal Credit equivalent from the Support Group.