Author Topic: News of members and former members: by Deb (Devine 63)  (Read 18351 times)

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side
Re: News of members and former members: by Deb (Devine 63)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »
I met Yvette the other day; she is on fine form.  >biggrin<

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:25 PM »
Any news of Mentalas (Pete) ?

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 04:58:41 PM »
I'm not in contact with many former members.
Sociable Peter is busy, Hoss seems to be doing reasonably well. 
I mostly hope that things are OK with those I haven't heard from in a while, I don't do facebook & not everyone uses e-mail.

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 05:25:04 PM »
I'm still ill despite the abscess having healed up (after months of visits from the District Nurses three times a week to pack and dress it).

I am now having dreadful problems with my asthma. For years, it has been under good control and I have rarely ever had to go on a Nebuliser. But this year I have been up to the GP twice a week for weeks and almost had to be admitted to hospital.  I even had to be taken up the surgery in my nightie one day as it wasn't possible to get me dressed!

I have been on steroids for weeks.  I have had to increase the use of the Ventolin (reliever) to several times a day.  The preventer has been changed to a stronger one.   My anti-histamine has been changed to one specifically for asthmatics.  In addition I have a nasal spray to use twice a day and Pseudoephrine tablets three times a day. 

Plus, although I rinse my mouth after every inhaler use, I developed Thrush in my mouth - which I have had for two weeks. This week the GP changed the medication for that to a different one as the first one didn't work.  The problem is that my old preventer (and the reliever) are taken through a Volumatic Spacer but the new preventer is a suck inhaler (not aerosol) and that is the thing that causes the Thrush.  Joy of joys.

The hot weather has knocked me out and made me feel really ill.  Plus, I have to cover every inch of myself whenever I go out as the Doxycline which I have to take permanently because of the abscess, causes photosensitivity and I get burned to blazes very painfully.

Yet, despite all of the above, I did see Sir Circumference last week - who is very gallant to say I am on top form!!

I must tell you that Sir C is nothing like his ballet tutu picture.  Sir C is in fact slim and very good looking. 

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
Strewth, Yvette, you have indeed been 'through the mill' there, and you're not alone in feeling the impact of the heat - assuming this caused the extra difficulties with asthma?

Great that you met Sir C, but I shall have a lot of difficulty un-imagining him as a portly fellow...

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 05:37:48 PM »
Sir C has been very self-disciplined and has lost a lot of weight during the last two years.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
That's a tough thing to do - I commend him for that!

Seegee, I don't do Facebook either, or Twa - I mean, Twitter, never really got that character limit thing  >whistle<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »
Yvette, I'm sorry to read that you're still in a bad way. Thanks for dropping in and letting us know how you are, and I hope that things will begin to improve for you soon.  >bighugs<

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 06:11:38 PM »
Hi Yvette,  I have missed your contributions to Ouchtoo.
Best wishes for an improvement in your health  >hugs<

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
Sir C has been very self-disciplined and has lost a lot of weight during the last two years.

Yes, I have. It was a case of "lose 15 stones or die"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:11:40 PM by SirCumference »

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
Hello Yvette! Sorry to hear your asthma is so bad... I prefer the aerosols and volumatic myself, and didn't realise the other types could cause thrush  >yikes<  I am lucky that my asthma is fine as long as I avoid the allergic triggers.  The hot weather doesn't help indeed...

Mentalas is on Facebook with his cats  >biggrin<

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 07:32:08 PM »
I feel contractually obliged to point out that losing weight does not necessarily make a difference to risk of dying...

:-(

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 09:08:39 PM »
That, I suppose, would depend on the weight being truly excess in the first place!

>edit to add:  Good to hear mentalas/pete is still kicking around;  for some reason it made me smile on BBC Ouch! when he always typed the whole of his names in lower-case, as reproduced here  >biggrin<

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:12:13 PM by KizzyKazaer »

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 09:31:31 PM »
It is lovely to see you again Yvette, you have been missed. I'm sorry to hear that you are still so unwell though  :-(

Sasha, I think we all have the same risk of dying...

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 11:11:44 PM »
Really Yvette? - Sir C is a gallant gentleman and Thin!!  Well you are a lucky girlie then.