Author Topic: Re-launching the ship happyness by bulekingfisher  (Read 435947 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Re: Re-launching the ship happyness by bulekingfisher
« Reply #3840 on: August 03, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »
Hello SeeGee

As we are in the West India's at the moment I would like you to decide/choose where we go next you could discuss idea's with Kizzy Kazaer
our solar battery's are fully charged + we could do with re-filling the barge we tow with more Yorkshire water for tea making

huhn

« Reply #3841 on: August 03, 2017, 05:22:35 PM »
Yorkshire puddings please

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #3842 on: August 03, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »
Excellent to see you back on board Seegee  >biggrin<

Yorkshire Tea all round  >mug-tea<  >biggrin<

Yorkshire Puddings for huhn certainly  >thumbsup<  I'll have one of those myself  >biggrin<

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3843 on: August 04, 2017, 04:08:25 AM »

Hello SeeGee

As we are in the West India's at the moment I would like you to decide/choose where we go next you could discuss idea's with Kizzy Kazaer
our solar battery's are fully charged + we could do with re-filling the barge we tow with more Yorkshire water for tea making

Well, as we are in the West Indies, maybe I should try visiting Barbados, as I've met a few lovely people from there & they seem convinced I'd really like it.  >Sun<
Tropical/ sub-tropical places are really only OK for me in the middle of what passes for winter in those parts, in very short visits when I can hide indoors; I'm sure people must think I'm a vampire >yellowbatsmiley<, only coming out in the evening when it's cooling down after sunset! 

We can go to top up the water tanks for the tea... Then I'd like some wildlife-watching; polar bears, seals & auks on Svalbard?  Still summer, so no Northern Lights but very long daylight hours - and I'm told the Norwegian coast is spectacular too, so maybe on the way south again (can't really go far north from Svalbard, there's too much ice in the way even this time of year) we could cruise along there looking at seabirds & Norwegian towns.  >biggergrin<  >dove<
There are eagles nesting on the Hebrides, off the Scottish coast (can't get to the mainland ones of course)...

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3844 on: August 04, 2017, 11:08:46 PM »
Hello SeeGee

Yes Norway + all of Scandinavia sound's great as we have not been there before + I think I have been very naughty for not coming here sooner, I know I've been to Norway + Sweden in real life + the snow capped mountains sparkling in the sunshine contrasting with the cold dirty grey waters of the fjord's is a wonderful  sight the first thing in a morning

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3845 on: August 11, 2017, 09:55:45 PM »
I've been to Sweden in real life too >captain<, one time was midsummer years ago - no real darkness at all.  Never been to Norway yet though, would love to go along the coast & visit Svalbard (with a guide to make sure I'm safe from polar bears of course). 
I've been to Sweden in winter too, when there's snow or ice even in Stockholm (by the sea!) - must be amazing further north in winter, with a decent chance of seeing the Northern Lights as well as deep snow cover. 

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3846 on: August 13, 2017, 10:19:35 AM »
Hello See Gee

One thing I did not like about Norway was that all the road's were made from cobble stone's as tarmac will crack in the perma frost so ve5ry uncomfortable crossing the road, so I'm not going sight seeing. I will stay on ship unless I can find a hover board/wheelchair that can safely go uphill  + Norway is very hilly. Sweden is tarmacked.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3847 on: August 13, 2017, 05:50:10 PM »
..I will stay on ship unless I can find a hover board/wheelchair that can safely go uphill 

What about using your never-ending credit card to buy one, Cap'n?  >biggrin<

I must say, not having been to Norway or Sweden (or, indeed, any further abroad than the Isle of Wight) - both places sound a little on the chilly side.  Better be looking out me thermal drawers  >yikes<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3848 on: August 19, 2017, 10:21:36 AM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

I've just been looking through the local version of the yellow page's to find an electric manufactory who might be able to build a light weight but powerful motor to fit in a wheelchair that can cope with steep ice covered hill's as there are really old/beautifully church's + other building's of cultural interest, there plenty of shop's that sell thermal's

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3849 on: August 21, 2017, 11:54:22 AM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

It some time's make's me feel jealous of my crew because as you are all going off living your wildest dreams of been temporary able bodied thanks to the aids bought with my never ending credit card (exhausted ). I have the  great pleasure of telling + explaining how impaired/disabled people can be intergraded in to main stream society + with support can be productive

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3850 on: August 23, 2017, 10:38:19 PM »
Kizzy, the temperature in Stockholm tomorrow should reach 69degreesF, sun rises at 5:26am & sets at 8:12pm - not so cold or dark in summer. >Sunandclouds< In late June (midsummer) it's light most of the time, just a bit of twilight at night. 
Only thing is, you may not need thermals but will need plenty of midge-repellent with the sunscreen in most parts of Scandinavia!
Svalbard will be cold at any time, definitely need the merino thermals there (but we're not going to see wild polar bears in the cities of course)...  >thumbsup<

Captain Bule, some of the bigger cities may have tram services, and others have tourist boats showing some of the sights, so you needn't be stuck on board all the time even where there are cobbles.  >biggrin<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3851 on: August 24, 2017, 04:58:12 PM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

It some time's make's me feel jealous of my crew because as you are all going off living your wildest dreams of been temporary able bodied thanks to the aids bought with my never ending credit card (exhausted ). I have the  great pleasure of telling + explaining how impaired/disabled people can be intergraded in to main stream society + with support can be productive

Hey  >captain<

You do some sterling 're-education' work, but how about giving yourself a day off so you can join us in our 'wildest dreams'?  No need to be envious  ;-)

Seegee, I think I will be toasty enough at 69F...  wouldn't have associated that part of the world with horrible flying biting things, though   >itch, scratch<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3852 on: August 26, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

Thank you for your concern but according to Dr House my general health is O.K he has put me on a blood pressure pill but that is his version of CAUTION nothing to serious but my credit card need's plenty of rest + I do delegate a lot of responsibility to my crew as your labour log shows

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3853 on: September 01, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

Dr House (shocked me by dancing a Jig +smiling) my blood pressure has dropped to normal + has been stable for 2 weeks. Now I am reigning in my credit card so I have 2 reason's to be wearing a big smile  :-) :-)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3854 on: September 01, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
I didn't know your blood pressure was up in the first place - is 'managing' the crew and passengers on the Happyness that stressful?  >yikes<

Good to know it's normal again, anyway  >thumbsup<