Author Topic: Faithful friend thread by Darrowsgirl  (Read 239895 times)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Faithful friend thread by Darrowsgirl
« Reply #2670 on: August 03, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »
She's a Golden Retriever.

Tah  >thumbsup< they are lovely  >dog-<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2671 on: August 06, 2017, 02:45:25 PM »
As expected dd has taken it badly. She's very upset about the cats going despite her not living here. In the end I'm totally worn down emotionally by her upset and I've said I will keep them. Not sure how I will manage if a vet is needed. I'm feeling very low and tearful, not because of the cats per se but because I can never cope with dd's upset. The joys of having an autistic child who can't cope with change. I feel like the pits really. She'll have shared my decision to rehome them with her siblings including the eldest who has written me out of his life (she's staying with my younger son this weekend) and it's left me feeling hopeless and helpless. She wanted to take them to stop them being rehomed but she cries on the phone to me every week about how she has no money and can't afford to keep mending her old car to keep it going and how she has no money. When I pointed this out I was trying to stop her having them.  >crying<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2672 on: August 06, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »
 >bighugs<

Is it possible that once dd has shared the information with her siblings, one of them might step up and offer to look after the cats for her?

Failing that, are there any other pet charities local to you that you could ring for advice?

Really wish I had more or better advice to offer.  >bighugs<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2673 on: August 07, 2017, 10:18:14 AM »
 >bighugs<

If DD's siblings have jobs and money they should be clubbing together to get pet insurance for the cats, after all you are letting them live in your home and feeding them. Try not to let this define your self worth, something outside your control changed.