Author Topic: The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer  (Read 14208 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer
« on: May 10, 2016, 01:06:17 PM »
Well that letter that I thought might arrive in June because my DLA award ends in September arrived today. I took 15mg diazepam before making the phone call leaving time for that to work but I was still shaking and stuttering, I really don't cope with phones well. I managed to answer all her questions and I should receive my PIP 2 form within two weeks. She said I don't need to gather evidence from my GP, my CPN or my Consultant Psychiatrist, that they do it, is that correct?

As soon as I got off the phone I was sick, just anxiety I think.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »
Oh Fiz!  >hugs<

The assessors seldom contact the claimant's medics, so you should submit whatever you have in support. Don't forget to send copies and keep hold of the originals (prolly teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, but have recently spoken to someone whose form got lost, had not taken a copy of it and had sent all original documents in - also without keeping copies!  :-( ).

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 06:07:55 PM »
Fiz >hugs< >hugs< >hugs<

Monic1511

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 10:43:02 PM »
Hi Fiz
the DWP are meant to contact your doctors but often don't so if you have up to date information use it
Also you only get 2 weeks to return the form and it takes 6 working days for the returned form to make it through the mail room system so before the return date ask someone to phone and ask for an extension - they normally grant another 2 weeks, I often ask for an extension just when I am returning the form because of the situation with the post.
Good luck
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 03:54:45 PM »
It arrived today and I'm not doing well at the moment so I'm not sure how I can fill the form in but I will do my best. My cpn is visiting me tomorrow so I will ask her to phone and request the extension which should relieve some of the pressure. She has no idea how to fill the form in itself. I have care and crisis plans to enclose, hospital discharge letters, letter saying I'm released from my section etc. all of which I must photocopy at the library at 40p per sheet!

I have looked through it, in stages because I couldn't concentrate long and I think my problem is going to be how frequently ...

I have recurrent depressive disorder and a low can last between a week and six months solid, and occasionally I will have a 2 month gap between lows when I am fairly stable. So if when I'm low I don't, undress, wash or eat more than once or twice a week if pushed, how frequently is that? It can be daily for months but also not at all for a couple of months. As I am honest to a T I know I'm going to stew over this and veer towards the more able than I really am just to be sure iykwim.

Monic1511

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »
Hi Fiz
Can your cpn make a list of the periods when you were very bad and that would show when you were good, but isn't good relative - your version of good could be someone else's terrible or catastrophic

hugs
Monic

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 10:56:43 PM »
Fiz, would your CPN be able to get some of your documents copied?

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 07:03:11 AM »
Hi Fiz
Can your cpn make a list of the periods when you were very bad and that would show when you were good, but isn't good relative - your version of good could be someone else's terrible or catastrophic

hugs
Monic

I had thought of asking my GP how many admissions to A&E or hospital I had within the last year, I'd hate to hazard a guess at the amount of attempts I made on my life in 2015, it was definitely my worst year. There would also be records of seeing the wound care nurse for various forms of SH.

I don't think they not my ups and downs at CMHT, I've had that conversation before. I've been keeping a mood/psych diary during 2016 and you can see an improvement on last year but still many many days and weeks which I've scored only 1 or 2 out of ten. I've also noted the times I've not been able to eat or wash etc. which has happened from time to time this year but again, not as bad as 2015 has been for me.

I'm not good at the moment, that was even before the ruddy PIP form arrived, so my GP is insisting on seeing me weekly and has asked me to request the same from my cpn. Gah, I just don't cope with any form of stress in any shape or form.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 07:09:37 AM »

That is actually a fantastic idea. She'd not even need to do it herself I'm sure. The admin ladies at the CMHT are all lovely, I'm sure one of them would copy stuff for me if my cpn primed them that I'd be asking at some stage. I will ask her that today. I'd be very surprised if she said that wasn't possible.

Thank you both, good plans. I'm at my best first thing in the morning so I'm going to try to do a page or so of this form each day if possible, it will help if I get this extension. If you ask for an extension do they confirm that in writing or by text? I'd hate for them to deny they'd ever given me one and for me to miss the original deadline.

Monic1511

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 07:42:27 AM »
Hi Fiz, the dwp don't confirm an extension I normally write the new date on the letter though.  >thumbsup<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 09:02:05 AM »

That is actually a fantastic idea. She'd not even need to do it herself I'm sure. The admin ladies at the CMHT are all lovely, I'm sure one of them would copy stuff for me if my cpn primed them that I'd be asking at some stage. I will ask her that today. I'd be very surprised if she said that wasn't possible.

Thank you both, good plans. I'm at my best first thing in the morning so I'm going to try to do a page or so of this form each day if possible, it will help if I get this extension. If you ask for an extension do they confirm that in writing or by text? I'd hate for them to deny they'd ever given me one and for me to miss the original deadline.

Sounds like a plan, Fiz. Best of luck >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 09:04:41 AM »
Well I had diaried in completing the PIP form today but I'm in a bad bout at the moment generally and am in tears most of the time either because I'm low or because my anxiety is unbearably (to me) high. I don't think I can do it today but it needs doing.

I have got photocopies of all my evidence, and I did the self test on benefits and work writing down the questions and recording my answers which should help with wording it so they get a full answer to what they are wanting to know. I went through it all with my CPN and she's agreed with all my answers. It's not just the form, but it's giving me the hebejeebies and I can't face it. The anxiety is making me cry. I've taken a diazepam in the hope that will calm me enough so I can do the form. I know I will feel better when I have got it finished and in the post.

My CPN phoned and they've given me the 2 week extension.  >crying<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 11:02:31 AM »
 >hugs<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »
I've glad you have got the extension Fiz - although I know you will feel better when you have got this done and it is no longer hanging over you  >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 12:30:14 PM »
I've done it and it's all in the envelope ready to post on Tuesday. I know it's postage paid but I want to send it recorded so I can prove it got there so I need an open PO. I've copied it all for me to keep too. Even though I'd gone through the questions and answers on -B&W and taken notes before this, it was still incredibly difficult to do. I've reread it and there's a ton of grammatical errors caused by my lack of ability to concentrate and exhaustion but I don't give a monkeys, my answers are clear enough. I am totally and utterly ready to drop now. Half way through I was tearful and thinking I'm not well enough to fill this in, the irony!

I feel sick now and I'm shaky. I've said I'd need a home assessment and a female assessor. I take 13 different medications daily, I knew it was a lot, but not that much. I have wine in the fridge and badly want a glass but it's too early really. It would help me calm down though, I've had my daily diazepam quota.

I need somewhere to slump now.