Author Topic: Getting to know each other by Sunshine Meadows  (Read 55948 times)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Getting to know each other by Sunshine Meadows
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »
When I was taking Pregablin I could not figure out whether I was eating more because I was in less pain and had a 'healthy appetite back, or whether the medication was causing me to feel too hungry. Either way I had to stop taking it because it was making me feel 'otherworldly'  :-(

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 03:02:21 PM »
I wasn't sure whether they made me tearful and made me binge, or whether the bingeing was because I was tearful. Either way, they were causing more problems than they solved (this was just at 75mg daily and wasn't improving with time).

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »
Hurtyback,

It does sound like we are most definately better off without Pregablin. I did resent going back to a life of chronic pain though.

I went for a 'nap' this afternoon and it was dark when I woke up. I guess I have days where I semi hibernate. :-)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
I have a nap every day - it's weird waking up in the dark though  >yikes<

Wish we could flippin' hibernate  >erm<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 07:02:23 PM »
Kizzy,

Yes and for those of us who could do with losing some weight I hear hibernation is a good way to go about it, only problem is along with a 'svelte' figure we would also get muscle loss. Speaking for myself I do like the look of crisp winter mornings, where the sun shiny blue skys make frosty trees magical. I just wish it was not so cold.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 09:19:57 AM »
I always feel that those beautiful winter days are a real gift. Mind you, I would still hibernate if I got the chance!

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 07:17:38 PM »
This is a fairly old photograph but I look back at the day fondly. :-)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »
That's very pretty - I love the snow when it's fresh and 'sculptured' on the branches of trees...

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Yet another Newbie
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
Hi there!

I'm not certain whether this is absolutely *the* best place to introduce myself, but here goes, and apologies to the Admins if I have misplaced the post.

I've been battling Major Depression, agoraphobia and eating disorders for most of my adult life, and two years ago, just to make things that little bit more bearable, I was diagnosed with Vulvodynia and Pudendal Neuralgia.  These last disorders have been a problem for almost a decade, but when you have a history of mental health problems, getting anyone to take chronic pain seriously is a challenge to say the least.  The pain extends well beyond my vulvo-rectal area, and involves my abdomen, lower back and legs, meaning that I use crutches to get from A to B, whenever I'm actually capable of getting out of bed, that is.  I won't bore you all to tears with the extensive list of medications I take, but would be interested to know if anyone here has had experience with Pregabalin (think I spotted a couple of references to it earlier in this thread), especially if the drug has caused an intensification of mental health symptoms.

I'm in the process of being transferred from IB to ESA, so am awaiting the ATOS miracle cure sometime within the next month or two. I'm obviously delighted by the prospect.

I share a house in the occasionally lovely city of Belfast, with two friends and a daft cat.

Sorry if I don't post much at first - despite lurking at the Aimoo forum for a while, I still feel a little anxious about stepping out into the open.

ilovepinkandpurple

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 09:14:14 PM »
Hi Sunshinemeadows >rainbow< that photo is lovely would look good for a christmas card >thumbsup< >cool<   

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 09:14:42 PM »
 >welcome<  NN (is it OK to abbreviate your name?)  - this is an ideal thread to introduce yourself and thanks for sharing as much as you have; you can post as much or as little as you want to  >thumbsup<

ilovepinkandpurple

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »
 >welcome< to the new poster above

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »
Thanks for the welcome KizzyKazaer and ilovepinkandpurple. Feel free to abbreviate!

Sorry if any of the above was a little too much information.  Over the course of the last year or two I've become so accustomed to having to discuss my lady and sitting equipment with doctors, consultants and a whole host of other comparative strangers, I've lost whatever inhibitions I had about doing so. As a result I can on occasion become a little too anatomically specific, forgetting the embarrassment this can cause to others!  >blush<

ilovepinkandpurple

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »
Hi i forgot to ask are the christmas lights turned on  Belfast yet >rainbow<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »
Hi NN

Do not worry about putting all sorts of medical bits infront of us.  We have worked out that if you would like to start a thread about various "embarrassing* conditions, all you do is put a warning in the heading so that those who wish can avoid reading about it. 

You will be surprised at what we have talked about in the past.  I, for one, have not read some of the threads, but others I have wanted to contribute to.  After all, most of us have medical conditions that are embarrassing at some point.  One lady posted a pic of her open wound that she has had for many months (I avoided that) then there was one on, oh better not mention that, and various on catheters and the like, and conditions relating to food, and the side effects of medications and what happens after operations, and so on.

We are difficult to shock, but we are good at offering advice if we have been there before you.