Author Topic: Guide to ESA and PIP claims. Simple to use online app, c-App  (Read 401 times)

AndMac

• Charter Member
I came across the C-App on the Money Saving Expert Forums.
It guides people through the questions they will be asked in ESA and PIP assessments, and what combination of answers is needed for a successful claim.

I am sure some people lose out as they put on a brave face, without fully realising the implications of doing so.
I've used it myself and it was very easy and surprisingly quick, it requires you to click on choices rather than type in answers. So someone with reading/literacy issues could complete it with support

The insert hyperlink isn't working for me, sorry.
http://www.c-app.org.uk/
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: Guide to ESA and PIP claims. Simple to use online app, c-App
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »
Thanks.

I took a look at it then thought about the criteria and how when the time comes for me to be migrated to PIP, I need to have my answers ready prepared so as not to be caught out by this sort of thing.

E.g. oven vs. microwave.

I can use an oven, but not an ordinary one, which I get in a mess with, and I'm dangerous with a hob most of the time.  But I've an Aldi counter-top oven, which has dials like a microwave and switches itself off promptly and completely.  So it's as safe as a microwave.  But I don't think that the proper distinction in terms of the legislation is microwave vs 'anything under the general category of cooker' or similar.  I think it's microwave vs ordinary cooker.  After all, a microwave can actually be more dangerous than an ordinary cooker sometimes because I think that things like mugs are more likely to explode in a microwave than an convection oven.  (I've had it happen to me.)

So I need to find an expression for my counter-top thingummy that isn't a microwave but works like one from a controls point of view.  Also, the dichotomy is supposed to be between what you can cook, not how the heat is applied to the food.  I don't cook what you might call a 'proper meal' in my counter-top thingummy.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the typical 'trick questions'?