Author Topic: Getting married  (Read 1584 times)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Getting married
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 08:25:02 AM »
A good friend came round yesterday and I put my wedding outfit on to show her. We were upstairs and Mr Sunshine brought coffee up to cries of Oh No you have seen my outfit. We then made him look properly, the cheeky monkey. He is not a person who makes compliments and he did later say I knew you would get something nice (to wear), Too late when he saw me his face said it all- smiling with sparkling eyes.

I know it went against tradition but I am pleased he saw me.

independentgirl84

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 11:47:58 PM »
Aw that's so nice Sunshine! And delighted to hear you're getting married. You are a remarkable person who deserves every happiness xxxxx

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 07:24:34 AM »
 >biggrin< thank you

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »
A good friend came round yesterday and I put my wedding outfit on to show her. We were upstairs and Mr Sunshine brought coffee up to cries of Oh No you have seen my outfit. We then made him look properly, the cheeky monkey. He is not a person who makes compliments and he did later say I knew you would get something nice (to wear), Too late when he saw me his face said it all- smiling with sparkling eyes.

I know it went against tradition but I am pleased he saw me.

>magicfairy< >bighugs<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 08:19:27 AM »
 >yikes< less than two weeks to go yikes how did it get to be so near.

I had a wine tasting the other evening which is to say I decided to just open a bottle of the Processco I bought to see how it tasted and if it made my non drinker body go too wobbly. I had some fun opening the wire cap thingum because I felt like a mischievous child going what does this do how does it work. I had my eyes closed as I eased the cork and there was quite a big BANG as the bottle opened. I poured out what I thought was about half a wine glass into a tumbler I had been using for pop. I was hoping for the taste of pears and fruit notes and got hmm alcohol. I sipped more and it went straight to me bladder so I needed a wee. I had forgotten about that particular side affect. I added some ginger ale to the mix mmm better but I was not sure I should continue. I routed around in the kitchen and found a bottle stopper drink saver gizmo, put it on the bottle.. About an hour later there was a POP and I realised the stopper had unstopped there was a fair amount of wine swimming over the counter top. What was left in the bottle went into the fridge.

I texted a friend to say I had not waited for her and opened the wine early. I also said it had made me giddy. The next day she came to drop some wedding stuff off and taste the wine. She thought it was lovely and happily left with the rest of the bottle. I cant help wondering at two things, the first is that I picked what turned out to be a nice bottle of Processco even though I know nothing about it and two that my friend might have wondered where the other half of the bottle had gone  >blush<
 >angel<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
That all sounds like good, fizzy fun (aside from the bladder urgency, which is never amusing  >hugs< ).

Now that the wedding is so close, should Ouchers decorate this thread a little, to give it a nuptial feel?

For example:

Or is that just a really naff idea?

Picture shows a simple wooden sign in the shape of an arrow, with the word 'Wedding' and a love heart written and drawn in white. In the background are trees and a fountain. 

>Edit: adding description of picture.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:00:52 PM by NeuralgicNeurotic »

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 04:12:33 PM »
I like the idea of decoration and such  like >biggrin<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 05:03:30 PM »
Yay!

Picture shows two white love hearts, decorated with silver ribbon bows. 'Mr' is written on one heart, and 'Mrs' on the other. The hearts are resting on a wooden surface decorated with autumn leaves.

>Edit: adding description of picture.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:05:01 PM by NeuralgicNeurotic »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »
 >lol< @ the wine-tasting tale... and love the pics, NN - will try to add some myself later!

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 05:56:23 PM »
I wanna come to de weddin' kin I pleeze?

Ah butta prollem - ain't gotta passport.

Booga.
Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 09:25:52 AM »
 >biggergrin<

Lovely picture, gosh they idea of being a Mrs makes me feel old lol.

I have a friend that I met online just before I met Mr Sunshine and so have known him for about 14 years. I would have liked to invite Geoff but as we have never actuall met on land I decided hmmm probably not the best time  ;-)

All of a sudden I am feeling stressed at the thought of how twenty guests are going to fit in the house.

On the upside a flowered hairband thingum arrived in the post yesterday so I can have a faff about whether to use it or not. Is the tradition that brides onlywear silver, gold and crystal jewellery?

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »
Rosie, perhaps you can go to the wedding. After all this board offers great things like virtual chocolate and virtual hugs, so perhaps Sunshine could organise a virtual passport to her virtual wedding if it doesn't put too much pressure on her.  >whistle<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 02:14:31 PM »
On the upside a flowered hairband thingum arrived in the post yesterday so I can have a faff about whether to use it or not. Is the tradition that brides onlywear silver, gold and crystal jewellery? 

A quick scout around the 'net revealed that pearls are traditional, although it's the first I'd heard of it. I'd say go with whatever you think looks good, or has the most significance for you.

The floral headband sounds lovely!

Picture shows a white rectangular sign leaning against a weathered red brick wall.  The sign has "Best day ever" written in on it black, and is surrounded by flower-filled bottles and mugs. The word "Love" is spelled out on the mugs.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »
Rosie, perhaps you can go to the wedding. After all this board offers great things like virtual chocolate and virtual hugs, so perhaps Sunshine could organise a virtual passport to her virtual wedding if it doesn't put too much pressure on her.  >whistle<

>biggergrin<

There is so much still to do because we are having the buffet at the house which saves money but does create a lot of homework  :-)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »
Yesterday was the best day ever < bighugs< >attachment<