Author Topic: Yesterday I blew my top  (Read 1849 times)

Rosie

• Charter Member
Yesterday I blew my top
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:09:03 AM »
There is a dropped curb from the road up to the pavement to get into the little shop across the road, and to the mailboxes which are at the outside of the side of the shop.

And I had had enough of idiot car drivers parking across what is obviously a dropped curb for wheelchairs etc when there is plenty of space both at the front of the shop and across the road for parking.  Not that there are many cars as although it is only a small mini-market type shop it is the only one on the Moshav.

Sitting outside yelling for someone to move their bdooly car and being told "leave your electric wheelchair and get up and walk" I had had enough.  So went to drive into the side of their 4x4 and got pushed off my chair.  Got back on and rammed his bdooly door.

That was the first thing.  The second was a load of kids illegally driving a small agricultural golf cart sort of thing - illegal because they were kids.  Illegal because they are agricultural units.  Illegal because they are not insured to be used on the Moshav except as registered for agricultural use, this being an agricultural Moshav.

Third thing - two small girls on yet another of these things, sitting outside eating ice-cream and dropping wrappers on the road, less than a metre from the bin that is on the pavement outside the shop for rubbish.

So I said pick that up now and put it in the bin.  And take that illegally used whatever and do not let me see you use it again.  Fair enough they picked up their rubbish, put it in the bin, and went - I have not seen them since.

Lastly and what tipped me over the top, is that at the back of the shop there is an empty building, and mid-teens tend to congregate there in the evenings - they all seem to have new mopeds - climb on top of the building where they have somehow dragged a couple of old sofas on top - drink, smoke, and from the small it is waccy baccy - and play music.  Boom boom boom boom.  This has been going on and off for months now - maybe starts at ~9pm but goes on until gone midnight.

The police in town are not interested as the Moshav is out of town and in a different municipality area. 

Yesterday I had had enough.  Went over the road and oh did I give them an earful.  Mostly in English because I was too distressed to cope with Ivrit and I was 99% certain that at their ages they would understand English.  I am not even sure what I threatened them with, but when I screech, I screech.

Two minutes later they had all boogered off and I am praying they do not come back.  I do not even know if they live on the Moshav, especially when they have been here very late as the gates are close at night - problem is of course they can come across the tractor paths.  I do know that there has been a lot of trouble on the beaches in town late at night, so maybe they have picked on this Moshav which is the first one inland from town?

We are in the middle of a diabolical heatwave as if the very long very hot summers here are bad enough, and there is no way I can keep all windows closed all the time, even without the air-conditioning which is going to cost a fortune.  And even with everything closed I could feel the boom boom boom through the floor - and it was not even directly across from me.

I am deaf in one ear and have limited hearing in the other, but that boom boom boom was coming through my floor.

OK so maybe yesterday I was a bitch, but Heaven Forfend I will accept any more of this cr@p and if people think I am a bit OTT I do not care.  I have lived on this Moshav for about 22/23 years, although 17 years in this bungalow, and even though other people just tut tut tut I will not.

I might not hear very well but I have a very loud voice, and in whatever language I will make myself hear and clear.

Phew.  That rant made me feel a wee bit better.  Thank you all for putting up with me.

Leave me alone
Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

Rosie

• Charter Member
Re: Yesterday I blew my top
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:21:52 AM »
Oh, and when I say they drink, they have bottles of vodka and cans of energy drinks.  How kids that age can buy vodka and regular cigarettes I do not know, because the little shop will not let them buy them.  Maybe a couple of small cans of energy drinks only.

As for vodka and the waccy baccy [which I can smell from over 50 metres away] I do not know whatever drugs they have.

I am fairly certain they do not live on the Moshav.  There are no homes that side of the road and the people who live this side are mostly elderly.  And terrified to do anything about it let alone go across the road to ask them to be quiet.

huhn

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 12:36:28 PM »
good rosie, everyone has to let  steam off.  somehow there  are days when everything goes  wrong. sometimes I think I have a magnet built in, what collects always  bad things and problems. you are ok,   some people are  just ignorant  idiots. a shout is clearing the brain and  just some >chocolate< and a   cold pomegranate juice for  just you. >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
I think you were very brave to go give those inconsiderate youngsters a piece of your mind, Rosie - you weren't being 'a bitch', just a normal person driven to despair by their behaviour over time.  And excessive heat certainly doesn't help - I've moaned enough about what we get for a few days here and there in the UK!   >x-fingers< they booger off somewhere else for their jollies - and if they don't, there must be a police force somewhere that covers the area which they've used as a meeting point..

(good on ya for tackling the litterbugs as well - perhaps they actually learnt something!)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »
Rosie  >bighugs< >chocolate<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »
Good for you Rosie.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 06:55:21 PM »
Kizzy - I do not usually blow my top but when I do, believe me I do!  And I have no idea in what language, having been living in Israel for a fraction under 32 years now [27 August 1985] of course I speak fluent Ivrit.  But if I do blow my top it is probably mostly in English and I do not care if I the words I am saying are understood or not.  My tone of voice is enough  for anyone to understand.

I think I must have been rather stupid though going over in the evening as there are only streetlamps across the road.  Only recently been installed and all they do is shine a low light onto the road.  Nowhere near that old building which is totally in the dark.  I have double fluorescent lights on the side and the front of my bungalow, so at least I could see where to get home.  Rather useful for someone who is agoraphobic!  My lights are on all night as they light up the only two windows in the front which are the only windows I have as emergency escape routes - all side and back windows have ornamental grills across them as there is nothing behind my back yard, which is not enclosed, the agricultural fields and the main road way back where.  The Moshav is not enclosed as the tractor paths have to be open.

The macolet, the little shop, closes ~8-8.30pm [it opens at 6am].  There are no lights where that old building is - there is nothing behind it as it is on the edge of - well, nothing really as the nearest building is the Moshav secretary unit, with the nearest other homes way behind that.  And I do not see very well in the dark, even though my lecci chair has lights.  And those kids, teenagers, are a heck of a lot bigger than I am.  And it was pitch dark when I went across.

Police - that is a problem.  100 is the number for emergency police although there is a normal number for regular stuff, which I do not know, but we do not have a police station here - the nearest one is in town.  And to be honest I do not think that the police will come out just because of the nuisance.

I just could not stand the noise, knowing it could go on for hours.  I might be deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other, but even down that building, across the road, down my ramp and into my stone floored bungalow, I could feel the boom boom boom and I could hear it through the floor.  If that makes sense.

Not sure but I am fairly certain those teens do not live on the Moshav.  This is a religious one although not ultra-orthodox but we do not have teenagers like that here.  Not all the kids are perfect but they do not behave like that.

I am just not going to put up with all this balagan any longer and I do not care who hears me screeching my head off.

- - -

This is a bit later and I am now waiting to be arrested.

They started before 8pm while the macolet was still open.  Hai was not there but one of his brothers was, and I think he was frightened.  These are not young teenagers - I reckon from about 17 to past army service, so gone 21.  They have connected one of the streetlight powers to put a light on the roof of the building which is illegal.  So is using the roof of that building illegal.

They drive their large mopeds/smallish motorbikes onto the pavement and park them by the side of the macolet in front of the mailboxes - and I just rammed two of them over.

And do you know what they said?  Tell us what time you go to bed and we will stop the music.  And this was before 8pm? 

That was the second time I rammed a large, new, and probably expensive thing over - and it landed on one of their legs. 

Luckily Hai's brother was with me and although I did not understand some of their threats, he did.

Tomorrow I will be in contact with my lawyer.  He is actually Russian, speaks perfect English, and drew up my Will and also Power of Attorney. He is also a registered Notary.  He is in town but comes here and bdooly well worth his charge.  Everything has to be in Ivrit but with the Will and PoA he read it out, sentence by sentence, translating him.  And I trust him.

And somehow I am going to get those bdooly monsters to piddle orf and leave me alone.

I cannot cope with this.   It is maybe 50-75 metres away from my home. 

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 07:07:36 PM »
Incidentally, my lecci wheelchair is basically a Heartway Escape but by the time the importers had built the basic frame to my requirements - new seat base, new back [both Roho I think] - moved the control arm so it goes back to enable me to get close to the table but pull forward to give me room to get out of the door...

...fitted lights, blinkers, blah blah blah - I forget what else - oh yes, changed the footrests so I could get to my table which has a central pedestal - the basic chair ended up costing twice but it was exactly what I wanted.  And because he is a Heartway Escape I call him Xanadu [work it out for yourselves].

It is the most perfect lecci wheelchair ever.  And no, I did not ram the whatever it was with Xanadu - I just put a foot out and increased the speed.  BAM.

And the police have not turned up to arrest me.  Yet.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 11:36:59 AM »
 >bighugs<  >bighugs< >bighugs<

good rosie, everyone has to let  steam off.  somehow there  are days when everything goes  wrong. sometimes I think I have a magnet built in, what collects always  bad things and problems. you are ok,   some people are  just ignorant  idiots. a shout is clearing the brain and  just some >chocolate< and a   cold pomegranate juice for  just you. >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs<

I am with Huhn on this one  >thumbsup<

I cant think of any advice about what to do  :-(

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 12:28:03 PM »
Time will tell.  If they come back they will get more than just an earful from me.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »
I have just been over to the macolet as I needed a couple of things, Hai was there so I asked him to please apologise to his brother for my language, which is not the sort of language I usually use.  I know I swore a lot in English and also in Arabic [there are no Ivrit swear words but some gloriously disgusting Arabic ones.

Anyhow, I do not know what the law is regarding selling alcohol to minors, not that those bar stewards were all minors, but Hai said that no way will he sell even beer to what he called kids.  But they do buy a lot of energy drink cans and that is something he cannot stop - unless they want to buy them by the tray.  Apparently drunk with vodka it doubles the effect.  I have no idea as I do not drink.

Cigarettes?  Again he will not sell cigarettes to them.  Whether there is a law regarding age - I suppose I could Google to check but there are no signs stating minimum ages so  they are obviously getting everything from town as this is the only macolet on the Moshav.

Hai said he knew who some of them were and although that building is not his property or rented by him, he has put the message out to not come back. 

Did I make a fool of myself?  I do not think so and I will go over every evening if they come back.  And if I have to oh will they regret it.

And after all that, buying the few things I wanted, I came home missing the main thing I had gone over for.   >crying<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 05:03:19 PM »
I know I swore a lot in English and also in Arabic [there are no Ivrit swear words but some gloriously disgusting Arabic ones.
>lol< I've heard a good Arabic saying which I like to use now and then - "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your(or their) armpits"..

Time will tell.  If they come back they will get more than just an earful from me.

They should be shaking in their designer trainers right now... Hope today has been less eventful!

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »
Kizzy it has been quiei, so far, but I am still ashamed of what I said.  You honestly do not want to know the main  swear expressions only problem because of English words I just just do not know what I said.  All I know is that I heard the boom boom of loud music like as vehicles  going past with full volume playing up with the bass on high.

All I know is that I totally messed up with my meds.  Apparently tooked the evening ones the following day and not the morning ones, and now I have not a clue as to what what due when.

And I zonk off at 10pm and am awake three hours later, and I honestly just want to sleep.  I cannot cope with all this.

Will they turn up and boom boom boom or will it be quiet.  And if it is quiet, when will the boom boom boom start again?

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »
Tagging on because I can't cope with reading this thread straight away and will come back to it later, but wanted to offer some hugs...

>bighugs<

From what little I've read, it would appear that perhaps what's needed isn't actually hugs but ramps, though, so I hope this isn't too steep...

/

And earplugs...

o'''o

Back later or tomorrow to see what else you need...

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »
Please do not worry Sunny - that lot have been quiet but major problems next door including some dumpers using my back yard to, well, dump stuff?  Blocking all my back windows?

Police, blah blah.  Could not cope.

My private emergency service could not find me - we have no after hours doctors and only have one twice a week so I have to pay for a private service.

I was just totally exhausted and desperately needed something to help me sleep.

Sat outside on the pavement with my emergency blinkers going - a cordless telephone on my lap and my mobile, and in this small Moshav with basically just one road, the fecking doctor could not fine me?

All he did, when someone went out flagging cars down, was check my BP which was amazingly not so bad - checked my heart, which was also amazingly not so bad - gave me ONE 5mg Valium [I did not tell him that I have a monthly   'scrip for 30 x 5mg for a muscle relaxant each night - although I used to keep them for Pereg when she had such bad seizures] - dunno. 

Dunno what day it is.  Dunno what time it is.  See from my pill box I did not take my morning pills.  Dunno if I ate today as my after food  pills day is still full.

And I need to sleep but am too exhausted tp sleep.