Author Topic: Link to UN scathing attack on Britains policy towards disabled people  (Read 160 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
This is in docx format which I can't change into anything else maybe a moderator can:-

http://tbinternet.ohchr.org/Treaties/CRPD/Shared%20Documents/GBR/CRPD_C_GBR_CO_1_28817_E.docx

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: Link to UN scathing attack on Britains policy towards disabled people
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:46:40 AM »
Thank you.

I dipped in just enough to be sure the UN did say some pointed, critical things.

I just wish there were some serious pressure from other countries about it, but thanks to Brexit, the government no longer cares about what EU countries think, and they've been enthusiastically endorsing Erdogan, Duterte, Trump, the Saudi royals etc.  I wonder whether any country with any influence over our government actually gives a toss.

I used to think if ever things got tough, New Zealand, Australia and Canada were better bets politically, but if you see what's happening over there where benefits and services for disabled people are concerned, not only wouldn't they be, IMO, any better to live in, it's best not to get your hopes up about their influence.

Maybe someone will reply who's not in doom and gloom mood?

lankou

• Charter Member
Re: Link to UN scathing attack on Britains policy towards disabled people
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:22:17 PM »

Maybe someone will reply who's not in doom and gloom mood?

Unfortunately I think Victor Meldrew and Uncle Mort were far too cheerful.