Author Topic: LOCAL STREET HERO'S  (Read 260 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
LOCAL STREET HERO'S
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:37:51 PM »
Hello Ouch Readers

As I use a mobility scooter I symphonize with the problems blind people have (cars parking on pavements access in to shop[s ect) so I've volunteered to put posters in shop windows reading ASSITANCE DOGS WELCOME I will ask the managers of the shops in the Monks Cross shopping centre in Huntington York to do this

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: LOCAL STREET HERO'S
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 06:04:02 PM »
That's terrific, Bule. 

>thumbsup<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

This was a good idea but the store/shop ,managers said they would have to ask head office but 2months later there is no visable change but at least I tried to help people who need assistance dogs

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »
Just playing with ideas - you were saying about St Anne's (have I got the name right).  I wonder whether you get, through them, any contact directly or indirectly with councillors or large groups that could see if there could be a city-wide campaign/policy?  It's pot-luck really, but in some towns the local businesses like to be seen as generous or whatever and get on board with things collectively, because then they can do group PR.  Newspaper articles with beaming business leaders "How businesses in Bogglesworth are at the forefront of helping people we think you'll sympathise with.  Aren't we jolly nice businesses whose products and services you'll want to buy."  (Well, ok, more subtly worded than that!)

Also, a lot of regional newspapers are desperate for free stories if you can, maybe with the help of someone else on the editing for typos and style, give them something they can use with minimal alteration, together with some photos.  Maybe find a shop, even just a small one, that's helpful and willing to work with you on this.

But you're already doing an awful lot, so I've no idea if you'd have time to do this sort of thing.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

huhn

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
I just ask our local  IKEA store to put a list of allergens in their food  up to make it easier for all people  who suffer from any possible allergy to find the right fresh food in the restaurant,  have to see  when is it done.