Author Topic: PIP and ESA Assessments inquiry (Urgent time limit  (Read 212 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
PIP and ESA Assessments inquiry (Urgent time limit
« on: September 29, 2017, 12:20:55 PM »
http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/work-and-pensions-committee/inquiries/parliament-2017/pip-esa-assessments-17-19/

PIP and ESA Assessments inquiry Inquiry status: open - accepting written submissions   
 Accepting written submissions; the deadline is Friday 10 November 2017.

Just part of important information emailed to me today by the Work and Pensions Committee:-

You are subscribed to the Work and Pensions Committee Homepage email alerts for The United Kingdom Parliament. This information has recently been updated.

PIP and ESA Assessments inquiry

29-09-2017 04:30 PM BST

Work and Pensions Committee inquiry into the eligibility tests for PIP and ESA

Are PIP and ESA Assessments working well?

29-09-2017 12:00 PM BST

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/work-and-pensions-committee/news-parliament-2017/pip-esa-assessments-launch-17-19/

Work and Pensions Committee opens inquiry into PIP and ESA Assessments

Easy Read: PIP and ESA call for written submissions

29-09-2017 01:00 AM BST

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/work-and-pensions/Easy-read-Call-for-written-submissions-PIP-ESA-Assessments-High-Res.pdf

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: PIP and ESA Assessments inquiry (Urgent time limit
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »
I submitted my PIP forms 9 weeks ago,  and according to the DWP info, where I live I should have been sent my assessment appointment by now, so part of me hopes I'll get it in time to send in feedback.  However, since getting PIP will probably mean losing a lot ever month, my hope that they'll take ages to get round to sorting out my application is greater than my hope I'll have an experience to give feedback on, so I shan't be chasing up the PIP team at the DWP, just waiting to see what happens. 

I really struggle to see what the point is in all this, given that I don't believe the current government will do anything about it, and I struggle to believe that a Labour government would do much in a hurry because of the risk of being accused of being profligate with spending.

But if you don't try, you don't get, and if even depressed, negative cynics like me say that, hopefully a lot of others will try to improve things by replying to this.  So if I have my assessment in time, I will send in my submission, with grateful thanks as ever to L'Ankou for telling us about this.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 04:25:18 PM »
One of the questions being asked is

What accounts for the rate of overturned decisions at appeal for PIP and/or ESA?

I think the most likely answer is the claimants get professional help eg from the CAB

JLR2

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 09:08:13 AM »
''What accounts for the rate of overturned decisions at appeal for PIP and/or ESA?''

I would argue a governmentally driven disability denial system with denied/unofficially set targets to cut welfare spending.