Author Topic: Radiculopathy  (Read 961 times)

bub1

• Gold Member
Re: Radiculopathy
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »
Thanks Fiz.
I keep thinking about applying for pip but not sure.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »
Well sent back ESA50 yesterday 24th October so waiting game now. I saw doctor (gp) on the 20 th October he has given me some other medication to try as I must admit I was in tears in there with the pain
I have told him ayESA50 so he is aware he may be contacted they did contact my old gp last time ( he has retired now).
He is ok about that he also said he may contact my rheumatologist as he said for me to go back and see him in March is to long.
I have other consultant on Monday about my radiculopathy who did the day surgery in September. Which hasnít worked
So waiting game now for f2f which I know I will have to have.
Sent back everything I had with the form

Thanks for all of your help

neurochick

• Diamond member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
Bub1 - if you aren't already getting Disability Living Allowance then you've got nothing to lose by applying for PIP.  I know the forms and the process are off-putting but you might as well fill in an application to the best of your ability and see what happens. Although the forms and the criteria are different, you should be able to use a lot of what you put in your ESA50 as the starting point for answering the PIP questions. Plus, while it is all still fresh in your mind it is a good time to have a go at the PIP form. The worst that can happen is you don't get an award. Obviously if you currently get DLA then you'd eventually be transferred to PIP so the considerations are a bit different.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 06:08:26 PM »
I will get onto that then

neurochick

• Diamond member
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
Good stuff - I'm sure everyone on here will help you if/when you need advice or information.

I also found that the PIP guidance on the Benefits and Work website was very helpful.  Some of the information they have is free of charge and its certainly worth reading.  It is quite detailed so make a large coffee, take a deep breath and work your way through it slowly a bit at a time - don't let it overwhelm you. If you want to access additional material, you have to pay a subscription - its not a lot of money and it lasts a year at a time.  Personally I found it good value but it might not be something that works for everyone and I appreciate that many folk won't be able to afford it or might not agree with the principle of paying a subscription for that kind of information.  However you go about it though, it is definitely wise to do your background reading on PIP and how it all works so that you can answer the questions in such a way as to give yourself the best chance of being given an award.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 09:31:58 PM »
Best of luck with the outcome of your ESA, bub1 - and it's not set in stone that you'll have to have a face-to-face assessment.  Since 2006, I've had three ESA decisions, plus three for DLA and one for PIP, all based on what was on the form and additional medical evidence sent with that form.  Anyway... someone I know has just had a favourable PIP award after a home assessment, so it doesn't automatically mean mean a bad result if you do have the 'ftf'!

Some good advice from Neurochick about claiming PIP as well. As she rightly pointed out - what's to lose?

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 09:58:37 PM »
Well done on getting the form completed and sent on its way, bub. I hope you new meds provide at least some relief from pain.  >hugs<

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 05:03:11 PM »
Hi all
 Consultant appointment today. Said medical personnel could write to him if they wanted
He is going to try another injection again and if that doesnít work I am afraid itís spine surgery and recovery time is at least 6 months. During that time I will only be able to walk slightly and cannot do various things. Will have to wear a collar to. Eating will be hard to.
So when I go for my medical I will tell them everything.
Or should I write and tell them now?

Thanks for all your help so far.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »
I don't know what's best as regards writing, but it seems some hugs wouldn't go amiss.

>bighugs< >bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »
Thankyou Sunny Clouds

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 08:51:58 AM »
I'm not sure whether you should write now either, but just wanyed to say alal the best for your appointment, and I hope the second injection is successful.  >bighugs< >chocolate<

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 10:31:38 AM »
Thankyou
I have decided to wait and tell them when I have the medical ( which I know I will probably have).

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 03:10:57 PM »
I'm not sure whether you should write now either, but just wanted to say all the best for your appointment, and I hope the second injection is successful.  >bighugs< >chocolate<

>Edited for typos

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 05:38:42 PM »
Had appointment letter for next injection 15th January 2018 at 4pm.
Do I send medical people copy of letter or just give them copy when I go for medical?
Also if medical on same day can I change the day and time or will I have to cancel hospital appointment?

Monic1511

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »
If you get a hospital appointment for the same day then phone before hand and tell them, they will normally rearrange the medical.  if your sending in additional info remember it goes to the place where your assessment is, not the dwp offices and put a cover letter with the usual nino etc on it - "please place this additional information before the assessor considering my application."

>x-fingers<