Author Topic: Radiculopathy  (Read 932 times)

bub1

• Gold Member
Re: Radiculopathy
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 10:21:36 PM »
So additional info would go to where my medical form was returned to?
Thankyou for your help

Monic1511

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
Yes that is correct
Take care

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »
Thankyou
Just another question should I send them a copy or wait until I get medical appointment what would be best?

Monic1511

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 10:19:37 PM »
Send a copy but take another with you, some assessors refuse to look at additional evidence if you present it on the day, so post it so the dwp will have it in the files  >bighugs<

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
Ok will do.
I have just received my appointment for assessment it is on the 3rd January 2018.
So at least I have a date now. Funny how that falls as my next payment would be due on the 5th if January would this still be paid? Otherwise I will need to rearrange my finances.

Monic1511

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »
Yes your money for 5th will go through, it's operated by a different section.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 10:57:49 AM »
Thankyou I wasnít sure.
I had a drs appointment today just to update him and to get some more medication.
Medical people havenít contacted him as yet.
He said it would be easier for all the people going through this if medical people got in touch with GPS and other consultants to confirm people medical diagnosis etc that way it would stop a lot of people having to go to these assessments as they could tell them if there was anyway you would be able to work or not.
I think that is something the DWP need to look at.
He asked me where the centre was I would be going and if anyone would be taking me.
Which I think was nice.
I am to book another appointment to see him after the assessment.

Monic1511

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 08:53:51 PM »
Hi Bub
I'm glad you have a supportive GP and the reason the DWP does not contact Gp's is because when they do they have to pay the GP for the report.  the fee for the gp is £35/patient.  at that price I wish some of them would actually look at the descriptors before they write "does not have care needs or no communication problems"  - that was the notes on my dads form - he has had perforated eardrums for 30 years, has very limited hearing and lip reads. has sleep apnoea and falls asleep every time he sits down, even mid meal.

anyway enough of my moaning
 >lol<