Author Topic: A bit of good news for a change  (Read 171 times)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
A bit of good news for a change
« on: October 31, 2017, 07:51:02 AM »
At last a some good news to share with you all. Mum was discharged from hospital on Friday. The infections in her kidney and endocardium have finally been cleared, her blood pressure is back to normal and her heart back to pumping as well as can be expected for someone in her condition.

While Mum was in hospital we had a chance to meet the surgeon who will be performing her heart valve operation and bypass. The operation will be done within 6 months, and the surgeon is hoping to be able to proceed much sooner than that. This is excellent news, as even before the infections Mum was becoming increasingly tired and breathless.

Mum is staying with my aunt this week, because I've aggravated an old neck and shoulder injury by falling yet again.  At least it happened outside the front doors of the hospital, although it was obviously quite embarrassing to have to tell Mum that I wouldn't be visiting that afternoon due to being downstairs in A&E. >doh<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: A bit of good news for a change
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
 >thumbsup< >bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 01:14:30 PM »
When Dad was in hospital dying, I remember getting a call from the ward asking how soon I'd be there because he was agitated, and explaining that I'd come as soon as I could, but I was strapped to a back-board and neck-brace in the ED after falling over.

But whilst that sounds melodramatic, I seem to have recovered pretty nicely and insofar as I had another mild TBI a few weeks later, it's only left me with a bit of tinnitus and a slightly sore neck.

So I can do the 'more impressive than you' bit on the ED, but not so good on the 'aggravated a neck injury' bit and you've definitely outdone me on the 'aggravated a shoulder injury' bit - I'll try to remember that one next time.

If you work harder, though, you could have a cardiac arrest taking your mum in for surgery and they could operate on you side-by-side.

>run<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 03:02:33 PM »
 >lol< >bighugs< >chocolate<

SteveX

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 08:10:27 PM »
>bighugs<>bighugs<
Member of POMMAS

Fiz