Author Topic: Is anyone there?  (Read 615 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
Is anyone there?
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »
I have been away on holiday for three weeks, and there appears to be no-one in on the forum.

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Is anyone there?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »
It is very quiet lankou. Did you have a good holiday?

I've been to the spine clinic to see the consultant this morning. I'm to have an urgent MRI within 2 weeks which in reality will be within a week. I've also got a 'passport' card to take to A&E if certain symptoms reappear. For now I've had morphine and am resting flat on my bed till the pain eases.

I'm not normally busy though as my mobility is so limited so I'm around,  reading posts etc.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:30:21 PM »
It is very quiet lankou. Did you have a good holiday?

Apart from the spider bites and getting my hand jammed in an extending ladder yes it was a good holiday.
I did try talking to a cat eating from a bowl on a widow sill but all I got was a look from the cat that nearly melted my shoes.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »
I'm not here either.  I'm just a figment of everyone's imaginations, including mine.

And I observe that when l'Ankou wants a rest, he simply takes a holiday, whereas Fiz goes to all the palaver of having excruciating back pain and MRIs etc. to give her a reason to rest.

As for me, I don't rest as such, I just intermittently go into zomby-mode where I might as well be resting for all the difference it'd make.

;-) 

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:11:48 PM »
Sunny, you do make me smile. And that doesn't happen often!

I'm panicking slightly as I spilled a bit of my second lot of oramorph today and Tizzie whizzed and licked it up. I'm watching her but so far she looks all compus mentus (sp?). More than I feel anyway. I'm mulling over whether I can afford a takeaway delivery this evening otherwise I suspect I won't eat today. Personally I think justeat was created to exploit hungry people with disabilities! 

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
I am here and there and sometimes everywhere  >ghost< >fairy< >alienbean2< >sleepy<

I spent most of last week getting the mortgage sorted then when I rang the bank back they changed there minds and said NO.

>bighugs< to all.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 05:25:47 PM »
I'm here.  I have been away and it was no rest.  But I am back now.

huhn

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 07:08:28 PM »
i am also here, busy with preparation for the coming Christmas markets, and my son goes to hospital this week for a OP,  so busy like always >doh<

SteveX

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 08:07:49 PM »
I'm here on and off.
Member of POMMAS

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 08:18:24 PM »
Oh my gosh sunshine that requires the biggest hugs  >bighugs< >bighugs<

I hope a do-able solution can be found.

I've eaten curtousy of that app and am feeling human. I am hoping to be asleep soon.

(((Sunshine)))

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »
I'm not here either.  I'm just a figment of everyone's imaginations, including mine.

>lol<

Hope your son's operation goes OK, Huhn!

Sunshine, your bank (specifically, whoever made the decision to refuse your mortgage) deserves a kick up the fundamentals.  With a sharp stiletto heel..

Fiz, happy  >zzz< to you  >x-fingers<

Apart from the spider bites and getting my hand jammed in an extending ladder yes it was a good holiday.
I did try talking to a cat eating from a bowl on a widow sill but all I got was a look from the cat that nearly melted my shoes.

>biggrin< typical cat .. which was more painful, the bites or the hand?  >yikes<

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 08:29:40 AM »
>biggrin< typical cat .. which was more painful, the bites or the hand?  >yikes<

The spider bites just itched a bit. No lasting damage to my hand as my wife carried out immediate first aid.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »
Sunshine - it's not much but as regards the mortgage, a very good old friend of mine had bad news when a bank suddenly changed the mind about the mortgage on her new home (being taken out by ex-husband for him to pay until the children grow up and then for her to take over or sell to pay off if she can't afford it) because he hadn't said about the details of the arrangement, then they changed their minds and it looks like it'll go through after all.

In other words, if a mortgage seems to have completely fallen through, there's hope something can be sorted after all.

I know each person's case is different, I just wanted to offer a bit of hope.

>bighugs<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »
Santander are the pits but guess who got a call from TSB earlier. Just when I thought the idea was a bust I got a like line.

Thank you Sunny
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

Everyone,

Sorry I am so distracted  >hatandscarf<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 09:16:06 AM »
Just letting you all know I'm still here  ;-)  Dare I ask...anyone started to prepare for Christmas yet?