Author Topic: Mail arrived, I am in a bad way.  (Read 594 times)

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Mail arrived, I am in a bad way.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 08:50:45 PM »
Well I hope that you did send it back as they requested.  After all there is no point in delaying if you have completed it to the best of your ability.

SteveX

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 08:53:31 PM »
Well I hope that you did send it back as they requested.  After all there is no point in delaying if you have completed it to the best of your ability.

I'll be totally honest, no I've not.  I'm 'due' to get my money this friday and I didn't want to send it off early and possibly lose that, so no but I am planning to mail it next monday morning and send it guaranteed next day delivery.

Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »
Steve there is no way they wont pay you on Friday and by not posting the form it has no effect on that payment.  Please just post the form, once they get the form it could take them 6 - 12 weeks to even look at it.

SteveX

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 09:03:05 PM »
Thanks for the info, I will get up early and post it guaranteed next day in the morning!

(The reason I've held onto it is that in the past I've had a letter back in like 4-5 days!  so wanted to delay it)
but yes, I will mail this tomorrow so they get it friday.

Thanks!
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 09:10:55 PM »
 >thumbsup<  The way the payments work is that they can take 5 days to hit your account - stupid in the era of electronic transfers but that's what they tell us.  you payment due on Friday would have been authorised last Saturday, dwp admit this in universal credit cases as your assessment date could be today 29/11 but don't expect any money until 6/12 (5 working days plus weekend).

Good luck for tomorrow anyway >hugs<

SteveX

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 11:25:04 AM »
it could take them 6 - 12 weeks to even look at it.

^^by god I wish that would happen. 

Anyway, its now gone and they'll get it tomorrow, jeez 6.50 for next day delivery on an envelope, daylight robbery!

I've done my best so all I can do now is wait, I would prefer they take their time over it but normally I get a letter back in 1 week, so expecting the same.

I do read about people sending these in and getting a letter back saying "ok, stay as you were" but that has never happened to me, every single time I've been sent for one of the awful, depressing and degrading  'so-called-medicals'. (So I think it's a myth put out by the dwp)  I would love just once not to have to go through the medical, the weeks of waiting and then the tribunal... just once!

Regardless of the outcome, I'd just like to say thank you to you all for your support and kind words and especially Monic1511 who (as always) has been so incredibly helpful.   >rose<

Member of POMMAS

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »
Well done Steve.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 06:58:37 PM »
 >bighugs<

Monic1511

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 08:15:14 PM »
 >bighugs< now  >hot-coffee< >chocolate<
your welcome
 >x-fingers<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 10:16:54 PM »
 >star< >thumbsup<

The paper assessments do exist and we read here on Ouch Too about people who go through the reassessment without being called in to be seen.

>bighugs<