Author Topic: The near-impossibility of brevity  (Read 216 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
The near-impossibility of brevity
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:32:59 PM »
I can be brief, but usually only after editing to whittle down, but as soon as something has a personal overlay, I go into longwinded mode.

I think I'm going to have to write "Monic it!" in large capitals across the top of my draft request for a reconsideration in the hopes of not sending the umpteen pages of stuff I feel inclined to send, but only sending the necessary.

I could do with my own personal home-visiting Monic, but in the absence of that, you're going to become some sort of big box warning, Monic!

Monic1511

Re: The near-impossibility of brevity
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »
 >lol< >lol< >lol< >lol< >lol< >lol<

Thanks - the brevity is as much for my own sore hands as the fact an appointment to complete an ESA50 is 45mins - max 1 hour and for a PIP/DLA appointments are 90 minutes.

when you have to do 3 ESA50's and 2 PIPs in a day you get writers cramp and the writing becomes ineligible, when someone wants to expand further we try to say - which descriptor are you referring to with that statement?  we can add it in as extra info at the back but the dwp may not pay any attention if its not linked to a descriptor.   You can see why some folk take the form home after the appointment to add extra stuff.

>bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:14:38 AM »
 >bighugs<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 04:12:37 PM »
 >chocolate< >bighugs<

I fill the forms in in pencil first so I can rub out all the mistakes I make agggghhhhrr. I admire your ability to help so many people  >hugs<

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 04:45:32 PM »
The difficulty I find with brevity is that I know some spotty faced individual who has no medical experience is going to read the form I am filling in and who does not know me and my problems.

I know Restless Leg Syndrome is becoming wider known, but to tell someone that I am kept awake all night by uncontrollable spasms of the muscles in my leg that are caused by an unknown trigger and agonising pain makes sure that the idiot at the other end of the chain understands.  108 characters instead of 19 but if the Decision Maker doesn't understand, I lose benefit.  So I have to stuff the long version down their throat.
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel