Author Topic: D.W.P Work Capability Assessment. Year 3 call for evidence  (Read 1598 times)

JLR

• Gardening Leave
D.W.P Work Capability Assessment. Year 3 call for evidence
« on: July 12, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
This is the website on the email I got from Harrington, http://www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2012/wca-call-for-evidence.shtml

I did manage eventually to find the pdf doc with the various questions he's asking for answers to at, http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wca-year-3-call-for-evidence.pdf

lankou

• Charter Member
Just got this email:-

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are contacting you today as you previously responded to a call for evidence for the Work Capability Assessment (WCA).

Today the Government published a call for evidence for Professor Harrington's third independent review of the WCA.

The call for evidence has been designed mainly for individuals that have been through the WCA to see what changes Professor Harrington's recommendations have made. However, we are aware that organisations will also want to contribute to the call for evidence and have included a section specifically for their response.

The call for evidence can be found at http://www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2012/wca-call-for-evidence.shtml and will close on 7th September - please ensure that you respond before this date.

Yours sincerely,

WCA Review | Department for Work and Pensions | 2nd Floor, Caxton House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9DA

AccessOfficer

• Charter Member and Volunteer Building Regs and Inclusive Design
D.W.P Work Capability Assessment. Year 3 call for evidence
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:13:53 AM »
This consultation seeks views on how the Work Capability Assessment is operating and what further changes, if any, are needed to improve the process.

This call for evidence is aimed at individuals and organisations who have information that is relevant to how the Work Capability Assessment is operating and what further changes, if any, are needed to improve the process.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2012/wca-call-for-evidence.shtml

I am sure that Ouchers have plenty of views on this..........Go tell 'em the truth guys!!!!!   

Best wishes
AO

pooldenver

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
I am particularly interested in three areas of the WCA process – communications, the face to face assessment and the decision making process. These are the areas where I think claimants will be experiencing the most change as my first year’s recommendations take effect. I have therefore focused on these areas within the call for evidence and ask you to rate your experience of each. Please use the space at the end of each section to provide me with more detail about specific experiences that you may have had. There is also additional space at the end of the document should you require it. Although the questions are aimed at individuals who are familiar with the process, this does not preclude responses from organisations whose collective knowledge remain a vital part of the call for evidence, and the wider review process.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the response. Your opinions are important in our quest to improve the fairness and effectiveness of the WCA. Professor

I did not know there was going to be further reviews including this one July 2012 so this is good news  >thumbsup<

Maybe we should have a section for this in the Campaigning area of Ouch Too or we could just discuss the questions here on this thread. Which would people prefer?

Prabhakari

In passing, this report from The Guardian is of interest for those who enjoy seeing the government in a mess.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jul/15/labour-work-programme-chaos
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

lankou

• Charter Member

Maybe we should have a section for this in the Campaigning area of Ouch Too or we could just discuss the questions here on this thread. Which would people prefer?

Two other threads were started on the subject before this one, combining all three would be a start.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: D.W.P Work Capability Assessment. Year 3 call for evidence
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 11:58:46 AM »
Two other threads were started on the subject before this one, combining all three would be a start.

.....sorted  :-)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:48 PM »
Thank you Kizzy  >thankyou<

lankou

• Charter Member

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »
I have just got an assurance from the office at the DWP dealing with the Harrington year three evidence that an online fillable form in .doc format will be available by the end of this week.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »
I hope this works can a mod copy the attachment so it is useable by all.

Sofie

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
That attachment does work. I took an online survey with those same questions yesterday.