Author Topic: Weather  (Read 49605 times)

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Weather
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »
I always keep food in stock.

Torches and 2 large battery hurricane lamps - and spare batteries of course.

My Auntie told me a few years ago about buying a stack of those press lights you can stick to walls.  I have a couple in each room, so if there is a power cut, I can press the little lights to find my way about.

I have bedding and a sofa bed downstairs in case there is a power cut - the stairlift battery stores enough power to make a trip downstairs.

I am unlikely to get flooded as I live on a hill (crosses fingers).

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 03:29:36 PM »
It's OK I'm building an Ark.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 12:02:25 AM »
The winds getting up again and it sounds very noisy whistling through all the boat rigging.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »
dd your just trying to make me jealous. :-)

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »
No dic, just trying to get to sleep!   ;-)

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »
I am fed up of the weather.   >angry<

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
Cold wet and windy.  :-(

huhn

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »
cold,wet, hail, snow and a broken heating

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
It was dire here a few hours ago - torrential rain and blowing a hoolie. Much better now though, even a bit of sunshine. I'm glad that it means Hurtyboy and his girlfriend don't have to drive home in that terrible stuff!

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
Just back from Ireland early,hours this morning, first thing I see as me and sis trawl our cases through garden to patio doors is 2 fence panels have fallen down, on closer inspection this evening ( after 3 loads of washing) is the side gate is hanging on its hinges.   >doh<  Gonna be an expensive January for me.

Also saw next door ( lady has just bought the house and moved in before Christmas ) that 3 of her fence panels are just about hanging on for dear life !!,

Oh well could have been worse, as our garden are next to each other I will see if she knows anyone who could do mine and her fences at the same time, may prove to be a bit cheaper ( yeah right ).  :-(

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014, 07:41:07 PM »
How frustrating sherbs.

It's blowing like crazy again and last night we had a thunder storm.   There's an awful lot of water laying on the ground and some minor flooding.  If it keeps on raining then the flooding will be worse by the morning.

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »
We have had water pouring in above the Kitchen /dining room window.  Large son was down visiting his granddaughter for a few days and on the only rain free day he put silicon between the bricks. But it didn't help much and I am soaking through 8 sheets and about the same in bath towels everyday. Nothing really can be done until I find a builder and we have some dry weather. Dreading heating and leccy bill with all this drying stuff > Plus it smells really damp as well Grrr.
You need to give love to receive it.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 12:04:03 PM »
The weather here is nice at the moment - clear and dry. I hope those of you who are still getting soaked are well, and that the rain will end soon. >hugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
A sunny dry day (just for a change) here in the rather soggy South-West of England as well, but surprise surprise, the wet and windy monotony returns tonight  >doh<  Never mind, a few dry weeks in the spring and there will be hosepipe bans, I expect  >whistle<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 04:56:27 PM »
Frances  >hugs<  that sounds really horrible!  :-(

We live at the top of a hill, so chances of flooding are very low. However, we went for a drink this arvo at the pub about 1 mile away. This is right next to the river and the area is very flooded. The river is right up over the banks which, in normal circumstances, are about 5 foot above the water level. The adjacent fields are well flooded but the houses are OK. I think there is worse to come from upstream though...