Author Topic: Weather  (Read 49585 times)

AndMac

• Charter Member
Re: Weather
« Reply #630 on: December 02, 2017, 06:00:06 AM »
How have we all coped with the snow and ice, if you got it? We did. Luckily I only had to go out to put the recycling bin out, and my next door neighbours  popped it back in the garden for me.
It looks as if itís melted now.
If we do get deep snow, it will be my first experience of coping with it on two sticks. Years ago, with one stick, I used shoe ice grips and a stick ice grip. Shoe ice grips -good ones- work on ice, but a stick grip only works on packed snow.
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Weather
« Reply #631 on: December 02, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »
Back in the 1980s there was a lot of snow which turned into ice and I could not 'walk' to the bus stop to get to college so I had two weeks off watching tv.

AndMac, I know you have hemipelgia I am just wondering do you have to move and walk fairly quickly so you can remain on your feet? Before I stared using the wheelchair I used to get about using a shambolic run which I could still manage in snow and it did give me a soft landing, whereas ice was just  >run< >need a stretcher<.

>Cloudandsnow<