Author Topic: This is why I don't drink tap water here if possible  (Read 954 times)

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
This is why I don't drink tap water here if possible
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:18:39 PM »
I try to avoid the poison the government insists we should drink.

http://www.naturalnews.com/049246_fluoridated_water_hypothyroidism_depression.html

http://jech.bmj.com/content/early/2015/02/09/jech-2014-204971

Findings We found that higher levels of fluoride in drinking water provide a useful contribution for predicting prevalence of hypothyroidism. We found that practices located in the West Midlands (a wholly fluoridated area) are nearly twice as likely to report high hypothyroidism prevalence in comparison to Greater Manchester (non-fluoridated area).

Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Sunshine

Re: This is why I don't drink tap water here if possible
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:08:10 AM »
Years ago I used to post in American forums and read allsorts of theories written by libertarians about how the state was affecting citizens, and fluoride was one of the topics that came up. Some Americans shriek and try to panic people on allsorts of topics so I did not take the information posted about fluoride that seriously. However the links you gave Dic give what looks like valid reasons for worry and not drinking tap water.

It does seem that in general people are able to look after their teeth better themselves so mass fluoridation should not be necessary anymore.

I come from the north east and our dental health can be considered to have been poor however the mineral content of our water does affect how strong our teeth are. I think factors such as this should be taken into account when deciding to no longer add fluoride to our water.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 01:17:49 PM »
In your travels did you come across this.

http://fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/

Fluoride is a poison that's why in the US toothpaste carries a health warning.

What they put in your drinking water is not even pharmaceutical grade but obtained from waste products from the chemical industry.

And the UK government has made it impossible to sue water companies for any harm it may do you.

Also this from Dr. Hardy Limeback, BSc, PhD, DDS | Former President, Canadian Association for Dental Research

April, 2000

To whom it may concern:

Since April of 1999, I have publicly decried the addition of fluoride, especially hydrofluosilicic acid, to drinking water for the purpose of preventing tooth decay.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:38:10 PM by Dic Penderyn »

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
A bit more

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »

Kingfisher Toothpaste

Flouride Free

Mint Flavour
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 09:55:04 PM »
Good one Dark_Divinity  >thumbsup<

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 10:08:50 PM »
There's supposed to be a new kitchen-worktop water filtering system recently come out, which strips out fluoride.
Previous ones with that ability seem to take up more space than a large washing machine, and be expensive to run.

We use a jug with the "Aqua Optima 90 Day Anti-bacteria Water Filter" to remove chlorine in drinking or cooking water,
since (no idea why) the chlorine level in water supply here has been noticeably high in recent months. It works well.

Horrified at lobbying attempts, repeated every so often, to have statins put in the water....
No doubt they'd ideally also like to add some sort of Cameron happy-pills as well, so nobody would
mind whatever those who rule got up to -- or could remember long enough to object anyway.