Author Topic: Faithful friend thread by Darrowsgirl  (Read 258084 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
Re: Faithful friend thread by Darrowsgirl
« Reply #2700 on: October 08, 2017, 12:33:22 PM »
Good news huhn (about the cat taking her medicine without protest, not that you have more work to do!)  >thumbsup<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2701 on: October 08, 2017, 12:43:38 PM »
 >lol<

huhn

« Reply #2702 on: October 08, 2017, 07:37:52 PM »
oh  miss our rosie, she was a long time not here

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2703 on: October 10, 2017, 09:37:05 AM »
Megs sitting next to me as we watched the movie Elysium last night  :-)

>attachment<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2704 on: October 10, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
Awww, she looks about ready to cry... were there some emotional moments in said film?!

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2705 on: October 10, 2017, 04:27:11 PM »
What a beaufiful girl Megs is!  >heart<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2706 on: October 11, 2017, 09:38:14 AM »
Elysium is a sci fi film but there are sad moments in it eg like at the beginning when one child is teaching another to read.
Megs was most likely a bit worried 'ball' might escape.

NN Thank you, Megs is an old lady who has grey on the grey she was born a beautiful dog under the dirt she gets on herself from digging in the garden.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2707 on: October 14, 2017, 12:01:51 PM »
I've been to the PDSA with Tizzie a few times recently about her ongoing ear problem which they seem to have a dedicated worse. I was supposed to take her for a post op check on Thursday but I don't have any money for the train fare so have had to postpone that appointment for 8 days until I receive some money. Oh how I miss having a car. Walking Tizzie to and from the train station this side of the journey and the vet's side of the journey leaves me in agony despite patches and oramorph, so much so that I cry.

Still, moving on from Tizzie, I took the opportunity to ask the PDSA the costs of the affordable care they're offering pets number 2 and 3, and the people on a wider range of benefits. It's 28 to walk into the consulting room, then costs of all treatment on top which will have labour charges added to any treatment costs. Bearing in mind the train fare, it would be just as out of reach financially to go to my nearest private vet and would cost a similar amount. What one person calls affordable, another knows it isn't. Mimi had a wapping tick and that area is grey and she's losing hair and it's stabbed even though the tick has gone. All I can do is bathe it in feline antiseptic I bought from Amazon and I really hate the fact that if she were no become ill I could no longer have her cared for by a vet. At the moment she seems okay in herself so I'm hoping the bathing alone with suffice.

I think if the PDSA change rules they should change them for newly registered pets only, not ones already on their register. I'm still really upset about it.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2708 on: October 14, 2017, 04:40:16 PM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<