Author Topic: Had letter to say they have postponed my assessment appointment  (Read 3080 times)

Monic1511

Re: Had letter to say they have postponed my assessment appointment
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »
Don't bother sending the report, the dwp assessor will have access to the original and they routinely use it.
If you give them too much info your form is likely to be put to the bottom of the pile because its going to take longer to read through.
I know you want to be complete but it could go against you by going, in their view, overboard.  >dove<

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2018, 09:14:25 AM »
What shall I send with it then the paperwork I sent to esa assessment
I didnít know they could access esa assessment results
Thankyou

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2018, 02:40:41 PM »
Excellent news. I'm so pleased you got the result you needed.

My last ESA face to face was in 2010 which was cut short after a few minutes because the first piece of evidence the doctor looked at was a psych letter outlining a recent potentially fatal overdose, she told me she would be recommending I be placed in the support group. In 2012 I completed the new ESA form they sent me and sent it off with evidence and was told that I needn't have a face to face and I would remain in the support group. I've heard nothing since and it's almost 6 years later. Is that strange? Have they forgotten about me? My DLA to PIP transfer happened with a face to face a year or so back so they'd have that evidence. I have no idea how long my PIP award was for, I live in such a muddle.

I'm being sent forms to complete to apply for further DHP to cover my under occupancy reduction in housing benefit. I'm already dreading completing that and waiting for an answer although my current award doesn't end until the end of March so I've got some time to complete them.

All these forms. So much stress. I'm hoping that they'll grant me another 6 month term of DHP by which time I will have finished paying for my prepayment funeral plan and ought to be able then to pay for the under occupancy reduction in housing benefit myself. Though it will be double what it is now because dd will have just finished Uni and will have a job somewhere permanently and unless the job is local to here, then this will no longer be her home base. I wouldn't even be able to let her room, it's full of all her stuff!

Monic1511

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2018, 07:55:59 PM »
Hi Bub1

If you are sending anything with the PIP form it would be medical reports dated within the last year.  They don't want appointment letters but would look at care reports if they were from an occupational therapist type person, someone saying home carers come in x times a day - not the sort of thing folk have at home.  The main thing is they want to know how you are now so older evidence would be ignored as not recent enough.

>dove<