Author Topic: My call-up papers have arrived  (Read 1596 times)

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: My call-up papers have arrived
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2018, 10:39:10 PM »
You don't get to see me when I am having the screaming abdabs!

The welfare woman I saw said that she has a 100% success.  So that is very reassuring.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2018, 10:55:00 PM »
 >bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »

The welfare woman I saw said that she has a 100% success.  So that is very reassuring.

Wow I wish I had someone knowledgeable helping me with my forms. I know my CPN says she'll complete them but I don't know if she has any experience of PIP requirements or whether she realises how difficult it is to be awarded enhanced mobility which is what she wants for me.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2018, 09:42:23 PM »
I just asked someone who works in that sort of area and she pointed me in the right direction.

I have started writing on the form itself.  Apart from getting in a bit of a muddle over appendices numbers it is going OK.  It is rather tedious and I find I am procrastinating a bit.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2018, 12:26:39 AM »
I seem to have 30 appendices. 

What a chore this is.  I'm nearly finished.  Just got question 15 to do and go back over the first few again.  Some of the appendices are just one photograph whilst others are continuations of the boxes where you write stuff.  I am trying to be brief.  They can always ask me questions at the f2f.

neurochick

• Diamond member
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2018, 01:49:42 AM »
Its honestly worth the effort.  The more the information you give them now and the better and more detailed the 'picture' you give them now about your daily life and limitations in writing, the less the F2F will actually contribute.  If you can give them all the information in the level of detail they need to understand what your daily life is like, the details of how you are affected, how you actually live day to day and what your medical issues actually are, then the less point there is in the whole F2F process. 

At the F2F after a few niceties, essentially all they do is go through and ask you exactly the same set of questions as are on the form.  They type your answers into an online version of the form as they go along which ultimately is used to generate their 'report'.  I had invested a lot of time and effort in providing a lot of detail about my medical conditions and how they affect me with examples and it meant that the F2F was pretty much a waste of everyone's time.  I had written my answers in exactly the same way as I would describe my situation if I had been asked the questions by someone so the assessor was able to skip over all of them knowing that he didn't need to write much down because everything he needed was in my form already.  The gallop through the questions was really just cursory because he had to do it - the information he was looking for was already there and he knew that.  I don't think he even had to use the F2F to clarify anything I'd provided in my written answers. 

I wrote nothing at all in the boxes on the form - I just ticked the 'tick-boxes' and put my whole written answer to each question in a single appendix, numbering each answer with the relevant question number and question title from the form.  I reckon that my written answers ran to about 6 or 7 pages of printed A4 in a fairly small font.  Its counterproductive to provide far too much information - it makes it impossible for them to find the salient information they really need but if you give too little then you give them nothing to go on and the F2F starts to become much more critical.  Its always easier to get more information down on paper when you have time to think about it, aren't under direct pressure and can keep going back to add or re-word things.  In a face to face situation where you are asked verbal questions its inevitable that you have only a fraction of the time to give your answers, you have to think on the spot and formulate your answers 'there and then', and you don't have the luxury of being able to go back to change, re-word or add things afterwards.   I was also in the very unusual situation of having had a DWP appointed doctor come out to my house to do an assessment for my previous award of DLA and I had had a really good outcome so I specifically asked them to take that DLA claim into account as part of the information they should consider when they were assessing my PIP application.  They also had 4 completed ESA assessments/re-assessments which they clearly used as well.

I'm sure you are doing a great job and it will all be worth it when you are finished.  Don't forget to keep a copy before you send the form off so that you have it to hand to refer to in the F2F and for any future re-assessments.  It makes life 100x easier!!!     

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »
Neurochic. I did more or less the same as you did.  The f to f was basically asking questions about the information I'd sent them.  I typed all my answers onto a word document, and, attached that, along with the medical evidence I had,  onto the back of the form.  I knew they would photocopy everything, so, used a large metal detachable clip to hold it all together.  The assessor mentioned how much evidence I'd sent her, and, how long it took to read it all.  The DM also mentioned the medical  evidence I'd sent, and, used that,  to justify why I'd scored the points I did. 

I'd certainly use the above method again with any pip forms I receive in the future.   Good luck Auntie  >x-fingers<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 01:08:05 PM »
Don't forget that if you give them the info and they ignore it, at least it's a starting point for an appeal.  Obviously you can give more info later, but I can't see what's to be lost by doing your best to give all relevant info.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 05:35:47 PM »
I've completed my PIP form and photocopied it and all the evidence I'm sending with it and it's in the envelope ready to post tomorrow. I will probably override the freepost and send it special delivery if I've enough money in my account just so that I know it's there before the long bank holiday weekend. I know it takes days to get to the right department but it's a start arriving there.

Last time I asked for a home assessment and that was ignored. This time I'm saying that I need a home assessment and my CPN put that clearly in her evidence letter too. If they just ignore that and send me an appointment for in the city, can I appeal that?

SteveX

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2018, 08:13:57 PM »
Good luck Fiz, fingers crossed for you.
Member of POMMAS

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2018, 09:04:44 PM »
If you can afford to send it signed-for, at least they can't deny they've got it or when they got it.  I'm as sure as I can be that that's why I got a second reconsideration - it probably took days for my formal written request to reach the top of the stack on someone's computer in-box by which time someone had sent out a reconsideration based on a phone call.  Someone then looked at the dates, noticed they'd signed for my written request and accompanying evidence before they made their decision, thought oh hell, and re-considered their reconsideration.

So in my case, a signature saved me a tribunal.

Monic1511

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
You can only appeal a written decision, so if they donít do a home visit and then make a decision on your claim that is not what you want without seeing you,you can appeal that.  You donít get a decision on if they will do a home visit or not.
 >bighugs<
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 06:36:18 AM »
So I can ask for a reconsideration on the grounds that they haven't seen me because I'd requested a home visit but they sent me an appointment for the city ATOS office and I couldn't get there?

Trouble is, I would have to get myself to the tribunal wouldn't I? Doesn't bare thinking about. One step at a time Fiz.

Monic1511

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 03:37:01 PM »
Hi Fiz wait until you get the letters first please.  You are about 3 steps ahead and you only just posted the form. >bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2018, 08:12:16 PM »
Yup that's me, worrying way ahead of anything that need be worried about!

I've been extremely stressed and barely coping for a few weeks now. My friend/acquaintance had offered me a lift to and from my GP appointment today and when I said I'd ask the pharmacy to deliver my medication the following day she said not to worry as she'd got plenty of time so we could wait for my medication. So I'm sitting in the chemist waiting for my 12 items to be put together and the friend walks in having been to Asda and said she has an appointment at 10am and can't wait so has to go and she left. I've been in so much pain with my back the last few days that the thought of walking home in the pouring rain, get drenched when every step would be agony that I sat there and cried. In front of everyone! I went to the counter to ask them to deliver my meds the following day as I'd be unable to carry them and a lady customer standing there asked where I lived. It turns out she was dropping off one medication order just round the corner from me at a care home she's the manager of. So she dropped me off at my door. She was such a blessing. Despite taking my oral painkillers I honestly doubt I would have made it home.

It's been a tough decision but the friend/acquaintance has let me down many times. She runs late frequently so she'll contact me last minute to say she can't help me as offered and like today, rescinded on a previous offer. I think she forgets she makes offers. When she said last week that it would be no problem waiting for my medication I suspect she had forgotten her 10am appointment and then since then forgotten she'd offered to wait for my medication. I've decided not to ask or accept anymore offers of help from her, even though she's the only person who helps me so I won't see my GP. I just very nearly ended up stuck in town and I wouldn't have had a clue what to do about that.

I've just balled down the phone to my GP who said she's not surprised I cried in the chemist and that many people would have. I've taken her advice and taken diazepam and I've cancelled Friday's plan so I can have 2 days rest. If I spend 2 days in bed my back pain should reduce quite a bit. It's been emotionally exhausting today but at least the PIP form is posted and that is an achievement having really struggled recently.