Author Topic: ESA Assessment report  (Read 339 times)

bub1

• Gold Member
ESA Assessment report
« on: February 19, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »
I received esa assessment report.
In it it clearly states what I can and cannot do under each of the descriptor to the point where dr says I would not even be able to self propel a wheelchair due to breathing problems and manual dexterity.
Rather than send all other paperwork with PIP form I was just going to send report shall I do that?
It also states all the help I need with washing dressing etc.,
The dr was not nice but I must admit she is has described everything perfectly. Even using all my other evidence sent in with the last 2 ESA50 forms. Plus the form they sent to my go to fill in last time in 2015.

Any thoughts on just send report?
Thanks

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: ESA Assessment report
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »
I don't know the answer to your questions, but I hope you don't find reading the report too painful.  I had very mixed feelings over my PIP recently, because seeing in print that they acknowledged at last that I need enhanced care felt like a success, yet it was painful to be reminded of what I struggle with.  If it weren't for Ouchtoo, I probably wouldn't be here now (which isn't to place a burden on anyone to be there for me, just an expression of gratitude to others, including you). 

So with your ESA assessment report and now moving forward to PIP, I hope that all will go well with the PIP whilst being reminded here in Ouchtoo that the things that you can't do etc. are just a bit of you, not the whole of you.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
Thankyou.
It states I can only walk 20-30 metres without stopping. That was a bit of a shock as I thought I could at least do 40.
I did have to stop for at least 15 mins walking from assessment waiting room to room to be assessed.
Even though she wasn’t very nice I am pleased that she read everything I had given her and used past evidence to. Also listened to what I had to say.
Also that she listed what I can and cannot do.
Out of a bad assessment came a positive result

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 06:34:44 PM »
I think I'd send the ESA report, and all the other evidence in with your pip form.  The more evidence you have the better.  Cross reference the points on the form, or, the other evidence you have to correspond with the criteria on the pip form.  I didn't fill anything in on the form.   I Just wrote see further evidence.    I typed everything out onto a plain word document.  Make sure you put your name NINO and the heading, for example Washing and bathing etc.  You get points for using aids and appliances, so, make sure you put down everything you use, or, don't use, and, give a reason why not.  The wheelchair example on the ESA assessment report is a good start. 

I also suggest you look at the benefit and work site forum.  Even if you don't join, the forum can be a good way to answer questions you may have about filling in the pip form etc.  Good luck

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:15:09 PM »
Thankyou.
My aid for washing and dressing is my sons girlfriend 😂
She has also said on it no physical examination undertaken due to breathlessness and pain.
Thankyou again

Monic1511

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 10:15:41 PM »
I would not send the report as the DWP will put it aside with the proviso that the descriptors are different and the benefit is still a different criteria.

I see the phrase "X states that he/she receives ESA/PIP/DLA, the criteria for this benefit are not the same. The tribunal are reminded that being in receipt of ESA/DLA/PIP is not indicative of an entitlement to another benefit."

If you want to put the phrases written by the doctor on your PIP form go ahead but the decision maker will look at your PIP form, any evidence you send and the assessment report from your PIP medical.  If there is not enough information there they will access the ESA report.   This is another reason why I said don't send the report, your giving them info they already have.
Monic  >dove<