Author Topic: Steroid injections?  (Read 1633 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Steroid injections?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 09:14:22 PM »
.. I told you all that Kizzy's mad and here's the proof.

>lol< >raspberry<

- and all the very best for tomorrow's jab, JLR  >x-fingers<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 09:59:19 PM »
and all the very best for tomorrow's jab, JLR

From me, too.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 03:33:36 AM »
and me three

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 07:39:32 AM »
 >thumbsup<

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 08:46:01 AM »
Good luck.  Hope the injections work for you

JLR2

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »
 >erm< It didn't happen  :-(  One of those things I guess but on Saturday I had a visit from the guy who does the chimney sweeping in my area and he explained the only time he'd have for doing my chimney was at 3.30pm, just the time of my doc appointment. First thing on Monday morning I called the surgery and having explained my problem was given another appointment for the 23rd of April.  :-)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 09:27:25 AM »
Oh and I've been wondering how you got on. Let's hope it happens next week then.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 09:55:01 AM »
I have had two nit painful but only works for me for 2 weeks
I am due to have an injection through neck on Monday to go through to the spine

JLR2

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 02:21:40 PM »
Bub1, I hope everything goes well on Monday, me I doubt I could handle the injection you're facing. I have had a couple of hours or so without being aware of the pain in my shoulder though it is there just now. I can just see me at the doctor's surgery and it'd be like when at the dentist for a painful tooth, the pain always takes a walk and I find myself trying to guess which tooth it was that was so painful I felt the need to make the appointment in the first place.

Re my shoulder problem, I have become aware of an issue in my right hand which I'm unsure if it is connected with the shoulder problem, my hand is going, this is going to sound like a contradiction in terms, painfully numb with pins and needles in my forearm.

On the bright side, my left arm and hand are working fine and I'm still able to lift my mug of coffee, here I'll show you.......slurp >biggrin<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 03:20:41 PM »
JLR - unless you're any good at typing one-handed, please be so kind as to get that hand seen to.  I need people who keep me informed of the stuff that's being thrown at us by the powers-that-be, and I particularly value your willingness to address disagreements or queries so that I can learn.  So forgive me if I show more concern for my needs than yours, but one has to have one's priorities and mine include reading what you post.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

JLR2

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 04:16:54 PM »
Thanks Sunny, I will tell my doctor when I see him on Monday. The feelings I'm having in my right hand come on quite quickly when my arms is at roughly the 8 numeral on a clock face.  As I'm sitting here just now my notebook is below my elbow level, it's on my wee coffee table, and I can feel something, sort of tingling, along my thumb, the knuckle of my index finger and the heel of my palm. I have to constantly sit back from the notebook and move my arm till the feeling subsides but again it returns within moments of me going back to typing or moving the mouse on its mat. Maybe I'm just experiencing the same thing that many folk who spend a lot of time at computers or in desk jobs, repetitive strain injury perhaps.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 05:52:53 PM »
 >bleep< there needs to be an "ouch" smilie on the forum and I felt this the next best thing.

JLR2

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 12:56:24 PM »
 >doh<  Yup complete muck up of my appointment. My original appointment was for 15.30 last Monday and I had put the wee sticker with the details of that appointment on my notebook's keyboard so as not to forget it. When I had to make the cancellation I amended the wee sticker's details including the time of the rearranged appointment 10.10am and then a week passes with me thinking as was said to me by my Doc, back at the time of the original booking, that he prefers to do these injections at the end of the day's surgery so for some reason I've been thinking of 15.30hrs end of day's surgery. It was only a few moments ago I noticed the 10.10 on the wee note.

So following frantic and embarrassed phone call to surgery I've had it rearranged again for Thursday third of May at 10.10. I hope the surgery doesn't announce my arrival for the new appointment with bells and whistles, bunting and balloons >whistle<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2018, 01:14:28 PM »
Tsk, tsk.

I hope you're in agony between now and then as penance for missing your appointment.  (Well, actually I don't, but it was more fun to say that.)

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2018, 05:27:14 PM »
This is all turning into a bit of a saga ... Next instalment eagerly awaited!