Author Topic: Track Your Appeal' service for PIP Appeals  (Read 219 times)

Monic1511

Track Your Appeal' service for PIP Appeals
« on: April 13, 2018, 08:37:57 PM »
Hi,
I know lots of you stress about how long it takes for DWP to make a decision but HM Tribunals Service have just announced this.
Tribunals Service introduces new ‘Track Your Appeal’ service for PIP appeals
Appellants who have lodged an appeal since 1 March 2018 can sign up for SMS or email alerts
Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) has introduced a new 'Track Your Appeal' service for personal independence payment (PIP) appeals.
In an open letter to Tribunal Users yesterday, HMCTS advises that the new service is available to PIP appellants in England and Wales who have lodged an appeal since 1 March 2018 and have requested a face-to-face hearing.
Appellants who register for the service - by calling 0300 123 1142 - will receive email or SMS alerts at key points in the progress of their appeal including -
a reminder to submit evidence;
confirmation that evidence has been received;
a reminder of the hearing date; and
a notification if a hearing is postponed, adjourned or withdrawn.
HMCTS advises that there is potential to use the Track Your Appeal technology for more than 20 different types of benefits in the future, and that other options for tribunal reform include -
an online form to submit an appeal;
an ability to submit evidence digitially so that it can be shared with all parties to the appeal; and
onlnine resolutions - enabling the judiciary to request and review evidence online and make a decision (for cases that are deemed suitable) without the appellant coming to a hearing. 
For more information see the open letter from HMCTS to Tribunal Users.
https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/tribunals-service-introduces-new-track-your-appeal-service-for-pip-appeals

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Track Your Appeal' service for PIP Appeals
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »
Thanks for this, Monic - another advantage of the digital age  >thumbsup<

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Track Your Appeal' service for PIP Appeals
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 07:55:51 AM »
 >thumbsup<  yes, useful information that I might need in the near future. My only problem will be phoning them to request it, depending on how I am. Shame you can't request it when you write requesting a reconsideration.