Author Topic: Got no water  (Read 2713 times)

Rosie

• Charter Member
Got no water
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:51:11 AM »
The tap turning thingy started leaking water.  And the "telephone" water hand wotsit started leaking water.

Bit of a mess in my ensuite so it was phone Nir and say HELLUP HELLUP HELLUP.

Nir been, checked everything, and has gone off to buy a new wotsit where the tap goes.  And buy a new telephone hand watsit thing.

In the meantime he has had to switch off the water.  And I need a pee so need to flush one of the loos [I have two]  and I do not know how long he will be gone.

And crunchie knows how much it will cost me.

This year has hot started very well, buggrit.
Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

huhn

Re: Got no water
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:02:43 PM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<poor rosie
and my year started  much better  then the last year ended

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:31:46 PM »

SteveX

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »
>bighugs<
Member of POMMAS

swift

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »
I hope it's fixed soon.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 06:47:55 AM »
All done and sorted as soon as Nir was back with the necessary wotsits.  He also got and fitted another three vertical grab rails so I now have them on both sides of all door frames [no interior doors although there probably were]. 

The thing is that the original small shower and loo room is at the front of the bungalow - well, just through from the salon and my bedroom is at the far end.  So getting up in the night for the loo meant going through the whole place.  So I saved my allowances and had an ensuite next to my bedroom.  Much bigger as well.

Anyhow, the original shower packed up and Nir will not fit new water inlets as it will need a fair bit of building work to fit new pipes - in any case it is not my responsibility and my landlords can sort that out when I am carried out feet first.  The shower was very difficult for me to get into as the room is so small, but the loo works OK.  However, the ensuite is my responsibility so anything needing doing, is my responsibility and I get Nir to come and fix it.

It is a privately rented bungalow on a private Moshav, [very few private rentals] which is why I do not get a rent allowance, but I have a contract for life with a rent that cannot be increased.  And I can do what I want - I mean I did not even ask my landlords for permission to knock a bluddy great hole in my bedroom wall for the ensuite!

huhn

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
nice, that all is done. in the moment everything  is cold and wet here. for the last few days I keep the small ones busy . from Monday  on is school again and a big clean up needed. good that you live near the cost, so it is not to cold in the moment.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:22:23 AM »
It all started with Doron, who supplied my second or third hand mobility scooter, but I do not remember how I found him in the first place. [The Silver Monster is my  sixth [?]  scooter since then, the third new one].  So, Doron put me in touch with Boaz who built my ramp path and the path across the front of the bungalow.

And Doron put me in touch with Nir who built The Shack [lean-to] where my scooters/scooter lives.  And he does just about everything [except electricity] that I need having done outside and inside.  He can do electrical work but as he is not a registered electrician he is not allowed to, so he put me in touch with Oren who is registered...

...and if this sounds confusing, I know who my men are [including my taxi driver who I found when I had to take Pereg to the vet in an emergency].  All round about 60 years old and so trustworthy.  Oh, I forgot my poulterer who delivers what I want [well he lives just up the road] - never mind.  I just have a collection of men who help me and for whom I am very grateful.

Anyhow, Nir went and got the wotsits for the shower tap in the ensute, a new shower head, and another three grab rails which means I can move around on my crutches without going kerplunk.  How much did the lot cost?  Just over ~211 and I am not going to argue about that. 

I telephoned in the morning - he was here within maybe an hour - took everything to pieces to see when was wrong and what he needed - went and got everything - sorted the shower - fitted the new grab rails -  AND cleared up afterwards.

And I should argue?

huhn

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 03:56:29 PM »
that's sounds great,  >biggergrin< >biggergrin< >biggergrin<maybe you can send them to me

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 04:10:21 PM »
Nah - you are not having my men - I need them! 

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 05:02:23 PM »
People laugh at me for having a 'Thursday Man'. Then I discover that Rosie has a man for all reasons!  >devil<

I am very glad that everything is sorted out now Rosie. Even better that it did not cost you a fortune  :-)

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 05:46:19 PM »
People laugh at me for having a 'Thursday Man'. Then I discover that Rosie has a man for all reasons!  >devil<

I am very glad that everything is sorted out now Rosie. Even better that it did not cost you a fortune  :-)

My men are magic.  David, my driver, goes and gets dosh out of the hole-in-the-wall when I need it - he even took me to the pharmacist in town and only paid for what I wanted [new rechargeable toothbrushes and I cannot remember what else], handing over my Isracard and signing for it!  And I was propped up on my crutches behind him?

Oh yes - and I wanted a new mobile phone - not a smart one but a normal one, so he went off with my ID card, my Isracard [that is for Israel only] - and my hole-in-the-wall card...

...got my nice new mobile phone, signed for it - something tells me that he thinks he owns me!

Yeah well, that is David.  Who will go and get anything I want.

Nir?  When I changed my beloved Pereg onto raw food I needed another freezer.  So I asked Nir and he got me the 140 litre four drawer what I wanted [I do have a very large upright one plus one on my refrigerator/freezer]  but needed another one, so he got it,  put it on the wotsit truck on the back of his van, so I did not even have to pay for delivery.  Ahem - when my  microwave died he got me a new one.  I had not seen either the freezer or the microwave because I trusted him to get what I wanted.

Useful blokes these men of mine.  I have  a list of them and this one does that, that one  does this.  And I trust them to get what I need when I cannot get out.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 11:41:57 PM »
Glad that you have people in your life who will help Rosie.

My TM has rather different skills - he makes me laugh, flatters me and generally leaves me feeling better. In return, I flirt with him and lend my shoulder for him to cry on  >biggrin<

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 09:56:03 AM »
I forgot the most important one, without whom I could not be typing now - Effie who built my computers and looks after them.  I only have one computer but I think this might be the fifth one...