Author Topic: Hugs - no reply needed  (Read 1326 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Hugs - no reply needed
« on: December 22, 2017, 02:12:10 PM »
Just to say that although I'm not posting much, I'm trying to keep up with reading, and I'm still thinking of you all.

>bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

SunshineMeadows (on Sabbactical)

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hugs - no reply needed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 06:56:27 PM »
Me too  >bighugs<

SteveX

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:12:46 PM »
Me three >bighugs<
Member of POMMAS

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 09:36:31 PM »
I know you say 'no reply needed', but still.... >bighugs< >chocolate< >pudding<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 10:46:33 PM »
Gratefully received and shared out. 

I'm rather up and down at the moment.  I hit rock bottom over the PIP decision and tried to pick myself up, but I'm oscillating back and forth between coping efficiently and crumbling, trying to remind myself that I'm poorly so it's ok to not cope all the time. 

Lovely, lovely Ouchers.  Did you but know how much you've all helped me to keep going.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

suessad

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 06:39:05 AM »

>bighugs<

SunshineMeadows (on Sabbactical)

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 01:01:36 PM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 06:19:00 PM »
I've survived Christmas and am back to re-drafting my PIP reconsideration request, having got extra time for it.  Every time I get wordy, I delete the paragraph and start again.  Can you imagine someone as long-winded as me trying to be brief?

In between, I'm self-soothing by organising and clearing out.  I thought I'd weeded out all possible clutter but another look shows I hadn't.  It makes a lot of difference to how I cope, weeding things out. 

I wouldn't have got through last year without the help of Ouch, an Archers messageboard and a few friends and neighbours.

>bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 06:50:38 PM »
Sunny, I hope you take plenty of credit too for getting through all those tough times. You've shown incredible strength. Plus you've taken time out throughout to help others here through their tough times, including me.

I wrote a positive Facebook post as new year was drawing near because I initially woke on new year's eve feeling 'well', that lifted mood lasted 4 hours and by lunchtime my mood was really low and I was crying and unable to function. Lots of my friends were liking my positive post and someone said how good it was I was feeling so positive and I was a crying heap when she posted that response. I deleted my post as it was redundant. So I too am oscillating between coping and not so I'm with you on that one. I find it extremely unsettling not knowing what I will manage and when but it's taking life hour by hour right now for me.

You're post today is amazing at how much you've achieved despite the stress of the PIP reconsideration to deal with. Sending big hugs  >bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 02:48:19 PM »
Ah but New Year's Eve and New Year's Day had some good aspects for me, not least the pile of laundry I did plus weeding more things out.  I felt pleased with myself either yesterday or the day before (forgotten which already), at being able to weed out more stationery. 

Sometimes I'm so scared of the future and so hurt by the past, and other times I think of what I've coped with in the past and what others that I meet here and sometimes elsewhere cope with, people that aren't superheroes, and think it's worth another try.

I'm determined to grow stronger, but one of my biggest  projects I'm working on is to reclaim an attitude of my youth that's about seeing my 'weaknesses' as strengths.  When did our society stop doing that?  There are places where it's being re-discovered a bit, I think, like firms that specifically recruit people on the autistic spectrum, including those with quite a pronounced autism. 

I am insecure.  I feel I need to justify myself.  I worry people won't believe me so I try to explain and try to find the logical reasoning in order to convince.  I'm also a patterns person.  I learn and lose languages at a rate of knots.  The best part of a dozen.  In the past, there were employers that loved that.  I can solve problems, including arguing the toss over hair-splitting technicalities with lawyers and judges seeking my advice, I'm a dab hand at filing, I can look at a set of accounts or a document and spot what doesn't fit.  But the mental health services 'gaslit'  me into believing I was defective.  This is the fight-back.

And I want to share that.  Just as a fellow manic depressive said to me last year that my gut feeling that my mood instability wasn't primarily because I'm bipolar was right because it is entirely normal to feel that way when bereaved, so I'm trying to pass on to others the message.

And Fiz, my lovely Fiz, a big hug and a piece of free medical advice to help you cope with those oscillating moods: "Cheer up, calm down, cheer up, calm down..."

>run<

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 12:44:15 PM »
 >bighugs<

huhn

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 07:52:06 PM »
oh sunny that's sound like  it is coming out of my head.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 06:23:50 AM »
Sunny you said "Sometimes I'm so scared of the future and so hurt by my past" and that about sums me up very succinctly.

My total value I feel, and all I'm doing to help society is I'm involved in teaching 4th year medical students. A CPN collects me and takes me to a place where I'm interviewed by two 4th year students. They are me questions about my symptoms to ascertain which symptoms I have and which I don't and then after 30 minutes they have to diagnose me. The only thing I'm not allowed to say when being interviewed is my diagnosis. But it teaches them a lot and I hope it helps them see the person behind the diagnosis and remove any stigma they may have felt. My next training session is later this month. If I didn't do this I think I'd wonder what my purpose is in life.

>bighugs<

huhn

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 03:05:47 PM »
very important job,  continue  please with this.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 08:15:35 PM »
Yes, important.