Author Topic: PIP mobility scenario  (Read 754 times)

Monic1511

Re: PIP mobility scenario
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 07:53:16 PM »
At tribunal when they talk about taking a journey they mentioned things like travelling across the road to a friends house, travelling 4 doors down to the local shop and the gp.

the thing you have to remember is that there have been amendments to the legislation and from 17.03.17 descriptor f should read
"Cannot, for reasons other than psychological distress, follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid"

this also applies to c.  cannot for reasons other than psychological distressplan the route of a journey 4 points
d Cannot, for reasons other than psychological distress, follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid" 10 points

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »
This is where it seems daft. If my GP or a shop were 4 doors down I could almost certainly get there with necessary pain relief. But as the nearest anything is a mile away my GP does home visits and my shopping is online and the asda man empties the crates onto worktops as I can't bend. So yes, I would get 4 doors down if I had to but as anywhere I need to go is further than I can get I am housebound to all extent and purposes. I think the questions don't fit everybody. I'm really low at the moment so all forms are beyond me.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »
 >bighugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 05:58:43 AM »
 >bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 12:45:39 AM »
Talked about it with my CPN again today. Despite being physically able to walk a distance, one such trip causes agony at the time, dependence on morphine and a minimum of 2 days in bed to recover. I'm on 15mg of buprenorphine patches too. Also anything that causes my pain to increase so I need morphine, such as walking a distance,, unintentionally moving a certain way will cause urinary incontinence then and for a number of hours or days after. Life is grim and I'm virtually housebound with currently my one weekly trip out of the house in term time for which I take morphine 3 times that day and spend the weekend in bed recovering from pain and I'm still unsure if I'm entitled to PIP mobility because I walk that one journey. Despite the pain it causes me, the drugs I need to take and the long recovert time needed afterwards.

My CPN feels being housebound and seeing no one is having a huge negative impact on my mood. But there's no chance of that changing without a car. And I'm able to be too mobile to qualify for a motability one despite the one walk I do a week causing me such pain and incapacitating me it's completely stupid.

I'm so low right now and can see no way out of this pain, or of not being housebound and I'm unsure if life is worth it or bearable like this. I think the urinary incontinence movement causes me is as bad as the other two things. My CPN says she'd write what ever she could to help any application I made but as far as I'm told here, because I make that journey it makes me ineligible for the benefit. Whatever state it leaves me in.

I've tried my best to spell check this, excuse anything I've missed. Too many meds to think straight.

Oh how I long to be able to walk to a shop or walk my dog. Both things totally out of the question for me.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 11:01:14 AM »
Based on how you've explained it in your last post, I get the impression you're not taking into account the reliably, repeatedly thing.  It isn't a question of whether you can make the journey once a week, it's a question of whether you can  keep doing it.

Take a deep breath, then when you feel ready, picture the walk you've described, then scroll back up the thread to where Monic posted and check that you're thinking of the right sort of journey.  Then, when you're sure you've picked the right sort of journey, and again when you're ready, look at the reliably, repeatedly criteria I've listed and ask yourself whether you've taken them all into account.

Based on what you've just posted, my impression is that you can't do this journey when you take into account those criteria.

If that doesn't help, well at least you know where you stand.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 08:57:53 PM »
As far as I understood it a journey was going somewhere 4 doors down the road. That is a journey I could possibly do up to 4 times a week with pain killers so that's fairly reliable to be able to do that. However I've nothing 4 doors down the road and can only make one trip out a week which is excruciating. I've given up posting letters because the post box is 5 minutes (or 10 for me) walk away plus the same back so I wait for someone to visit and ask them to post it.

I'm finding getting out of cars really painful now. Even turning my whole body rather than twisting my spine doesn't stop the dagger pains in my spine. So even car journeys are tricky. My care coordinator this week is pushing for me to apply for PIP mobility but I'm not sure I have the inner strength.

And I was going to say something I shouldn't.  Suffice to say I struggle to think long term.