Author Topic: That's the last time I'm doing that  (Read 717 times)

JLR2

Re: That's the last time I'm doing that
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »
Sunny I would do the same but knowing me I'd probably find out I hadn't charged the phone >doh<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 12:48:18 AM »
I'm supposed to charge it?   >run<

JLR2

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 07:54:50 AM »
 >lol<  I only recharge my mobile 3 times a year and even then it's really just a top up as I do not use my mobile except when I'm heading over to Berlin and that is just to let my family in Glasgow know I've arrived either from the Highlands or back from Berlin and to let my friend in Berlin know when I've arrived at the airport. I do not use my m/p for texts or games (I find the buttons way too small to do that) with the result I've some 90+ quid still on it from when I first bought it in a Tesco store a few years back.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:01:33 AM by JLR2 »

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 03:23:21 PM »
I charge mine several times a week.  I've probably destroyed the battery capacity doing that.  I use it for taxis because my local taxi co-operative has a computerised thingy that works best in combination with always using the mobile number as opposed to landline at home, mobile when out.  Press option 1 for usual pick-up, press option 2 for last drop-off/other pick up.  E.g. Hospital appointment.  Press 1, car comes to house.  Press 2, car comes to hospital other car dropped me off at.)  Mind you, I'm a bit rantily loyal to them, because their whole fleet is old-fashioned black cabs and therefore fully disabled-accessible, and I hate the fact that people can operate whole fleets with no wheelchair-accessible taxis at all.  (E.g. a whole range of private hire car firms around the country, although for many years I was also loyal to a local private hire (=minicab) firm that had a proportion of large/accessible vehicles so they'd check whether you needed wheelchair-access before sending a car.)

Sorry, with the Uber thing, I'm rather off on one every time I mention taxis these days, but I'm genuinely struggling to go out at all at the moment, genuinely frightened to go out, and taxis are really helping me.

JLR2

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 04:26:09 PM »
Sunny it would be nice if the mayors in all the big cities around the country were to tell taxi companies they would have their licences refused if they had not seen to it that all their taxis were wheelchair accessible within a set time period, perhaps before their next licence renewal date.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
I realise that it might seem that I'm saying I  need wheelchair accessible taxis.  I don't.  It's just the principle of who I support.  But the phone thing is really good with my taxi company as well.

I wonder whether I could get them to offer 'press option 3 to extract passenger from where they've locked themselves in and make them a cup of tea before taking them to the GP surgery'?

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »
Where I live nearly all of the taxi companies have some wheelchair friendly taxis