Author Topic: Feeling less alone in Ouchtoo  (Read 669 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: Feeling less alone in Ouchtoo
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
I'm amazed I've never had it because I've had chicken pox, and I had it as an adult not as a little kiddy so I was able to be sure what it was, as opposed to having something as a little kiddy where there may be misrememberings by the relatives years later.  But even though it must surely be lurking in my body somewhere and I'm immunodeficient, I don't seem to have ever had shingles.  My heart goes out to anyone that does, because everyone I've known that's ever had it has said it's nasty.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »
Since this post was a spin off from the dla to pip on welfare rights post.  Just thought I'd mention, I've been to a walk in centre this afternoon.   I now have shingles all over my back.  I've also decided that if I get a f to f I'm still going, even if I'm still contagious.  They can have my shingles with love.  I'm sure it was the bloody stress of it all that caused it in the first place X

>bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 10:36:11 AM »
I'm sorry you've had to go through this, Sunny  >hugs<

You deserve all the courtesy and respect as everyone else.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »
Looking back up this thread, I see how upset I was on being left forgotten in the clinic.  I think I've mentioned elsethread how it happened again a few days ago.  I was in floods of tears the latest time.  But looking at what I wrote above was a good reminder today of how my reaction this time wasn't disproportionate when you take into account how edgy and anxious I was when I arrived because of what had happened the time before.

Likewise I was really shaken over being knocked over by another cyclist a couple of days ago.  But when I look back through this, I remember how things sort of mount up.

I'm sitting here today not wanting to go out of the house.  I think I've managed to find something to do in a couple of days that I shan't wriggle out of that will get me out.  But one thing that I need to remember is that statement about deserving courtesy and respect, and if the likes of me don't keep trying to go out, we'll lose that, won't we?  The horrid and unkind and simply thoughtless people will have won.

Thank you.

>bighugs<