Author Topic: Chris Page  (Read 325 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Chris Page
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:55:13 AM »
Is anyone still in touch with Chris Page?  I don't mean see him elsewhere online, I mean in contact with him or able to message him in some way?

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Chris Page
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:33:11 AM »
I dont know who Chris Page is so would need more information to see if I could find him/her.

If you know a person's profession, their location and some detail of their career LinkenIn can be a way of contacting them.

:-)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:24:56 AM »
He's actually a member here - last posted/online on June 16 2014 - and was an active poster on the former BBC Ouch! board.  I suppose you've tried Facebook, Sunny...

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 01:34:50 PM »
I'm not on FB any more.

I just wanted to get in touch with him about something I'd read elsewhere.  I'm assuming he's the person that posts elsewhere as Pagey, because he used that name sometimes in the old BBC Ouch, but it may not be him.

"Pagey" posted this openly on the Guardian website as a comment to an article:-

"I started off isolating myself in an effort to recover from something, but now I want to re-connect with old friends, I'm scared I've left it too late and that they've outgrown me. It's been three years."

I wanted to reach out.  I thought if I said to say hello to me or other Ouchers, maybe that would remind him it's ok to re-connect with people he used to know and that then he'd feel better able to re-connect with the friends he wants to.

I suppose it's a bit interfering really.  I think I just identified with the loneliness and friends thing.  And it may not be the same person.

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:28:38 AM »
It is the same guy! He doesn't do Facebook though. Not sure how to get in touch with him but I'll ask around.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 12:31:57 PM »
Thanks, Jockice.

I thought maybe it was possible for someone also registered with the Guardian to comment to message him so I tried to get in touch with Prabhakari, but with no success.  I hope he's ok.

I could, of course, register to comment on the Guardian to get in touch, but it might seem alarming for someone freshly registered to get in touch out of the blue.

I don't read all the comments in the Guardian, but I've seen comments by Pagey over the years, and whilst I don't agree with all of them, the impression I get from the ones I've read is that he sticks up for disabled people in a way I think typically sounds reasoned and persuasive. 

Thus I don't think it would be stalkerish to quote one from a couple of days ago, which is as far back through  his profile as I've scrolled - "

<<"with a disability"? Has the writer never heard of the Social Model of Disability? Our impairments are not accessories - they are intrinsic to who we are. Being Disabled shapes you and your interactions with a society largely designed by, and for non-disabled people.>>

With any luck, someone in touch with Chris will read this thread, even if they don't post here, and even if he never comes here maybe if he hears that someone was reaching out, he'll feel able to get in touch with his lost friends.