Author Topic: A short story I wrote  (Read 161 times)

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
A short story I wrote
« on: September 24, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »
It started one April morning.

It started one April morning. I sat there with my neighbours looking up at the beautiful, cloudless sky. I feel strong during the day. The warmth and glow of the sun fills me with energy.

Suddenly, a strange thing came towards us. It was huge – not quite the size of the great oak near to us, but it was big. How it was able to remain upright with no ground covering its roots, I have no idea. It wrapped one of its great branches around the base of our home. It pulled us skyward, the upper half of the base tearing from the bottom. As my neighbours and I watched with terror as it pulled us towards its top, a hole began to open. A great gust of wind emerged from within the strange, frightening entity, and we were unable to hold on as we were blown helplessly into the air.

As we went, we started to scatter apart from one another. I felt myself get caught in the wind that was in the air and was pushed higher and higher. I could see the top of every tree; I could make out the shape of the stream near to where I had lived, everything looked so small.
Strangely, I suddenly had a great feeling of elation and freedom. I felt that I was meant to soar into the air and look down on the world below. It was so strange seeing all that I had known from so high; it looked so beautiful, but also overwhelming. I had never before realised how small I was. Not only that, but I could see other homes like mine, filled with their own residents. So much life...I had never felt so insignificant before.

As I descended to the ground, my excitement turned into a feeling of peace and serenity. I landed on a patch of grass opposite another surface. It was dark grey and solid as rock. It looked so unnatural, and yet I could see others like me who had made their home there, completely undaunted.

‘This is nice’, I thought. ‘I’ll stay for awhile.’

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: A short story I wrote
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:37:52 PM »
Not usually my sort of story but very well written and thought provoking.

>thumbsup<

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »
Not usually my sort of story but very well written and thought provoking.

>thumbsup<

Thank you  >biggrin<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 09:44:35 AM »
Interesting story, I would like to know more >thumbsup<

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:38:39 AM »
It's something I wrote in April this year. I don't want to say too much, but if you can piece everything together, you can work out what's going on.