Author Topic: UC - embarassing the government  (Read 746 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Re: UC - embarassing the government
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 12:16:07 PM »
Hello SUNNY clouds

My idea might be impractical but do what Guy Fawkes tried to do + blow Parliament up

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »
So terribly tempting.  Sadly, the really timewasting MPs and ministers don't turn up as often as they should anyway, so you'd probably kill off the good ones and leave the uncaring ones still harming people.

(Yes, I know I'm very negative politically these days.)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 10:50:48 AM »
hello sunny cloud's

You need moral standards to feel embarrassment + the Tory party has none so if (more than likely) the Universal Credit will kill many people + the Tory's will have no oppersation so they will ride rough shod over those who are left. 

JLR2

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:16 PM »
''With the likes of Cooper remaining prominent in the Labour Party, Purnell now head of BBC radio, and Unum still not having been disowned and denounced by the alleged opposition in parliament, the overall situation in that respect seems unlikely to change for the better despite any vague or ambiguous utterances to the contrary by Labour's present leadership.''

Reminds me of how I used to think when Labour were in opposition before the closet Tory Blair came to power. At the time I couldn't wait to see Labour elected as I'd heard all their rhetoric against what the then Tory government were doing where social security was involved. Sadly I was daft enough to believe New Labour's verbal and that is all it was verbal as I soon learnt following Blair's election. The same private corporation backroom suits will be in Downing St from the off of a Labour government being elected advising how best to spin the Labour Government's failure to back up their pre-election verbal with any kind of help for those on benefits. Just as this government has attacked disabled benefit claimants as easy targets who are least able to fight back so too will a new Labour government.

I still mind the way Cameron as opposition leader used to stand there at PMQs attacking New Labour's welfare policies, fooled me into thinking maybe they aren't as bad as I had been thinking, aren't I the deluded one >doh<  I can only now but hope for a Scottish government, wi'Independence, making life for those in Scotland with serious disabilities and illnesses who are unfit to work that bit better and with less stress through repeated reassessments for life long disabilities. Well I can dream can't I? 

What'd that Mrs May?  dreaming is to be held liable to sanctions for benefit claimants under new DWP rules as claimants will be compelled to be thinking about finding more hours of employment even when dreaming. So in future GPs will not only be required to ask their patients about their sexual orientation but what they dreamt about the night before their appointment.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 11:32:28 PM »
Bule & JLR  >thumbsup<

JLR2

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »
Just watching Andrew Marr's newspaper review on the telly there when Theresa Villiers referred to the benefit payment advances available to those waiting for their first payment under UC and I found myself once again raising my voice at the telly as I cried out, ''Loans you blithering idiots, it's loans call them for what they are''  Why politics based programs such as the Andrew Marr Show, and later no doubt the Sunday Politics, do not stop the likes of Villiers and her fellow Tories in their tracks telling them, please stop trying to disguise what is a loan (by repeatedly referring to it as an advance) call it what it is a LOAN is beyond me, then again I guess they might just be trying to protect the BBC's benefits income through not losing their access to their licence fee.

I wonder does anyone think my local bank manager would like to discuss giving me an advance on next years welfare benefit payments or do you think they might settle for offering a loan?

It might help if all opposition parties at Westminster drop the language of 'advances' and use the term loan in much the same way as they did when they referred to the 'community charge' as the Poll Tax and the almost instantaneous labelling of the Tory election manifesto policy as the 'Dementia Tax'.

If the Tory Party didn't think there was something wrong with their UC policy, so far as these loans to claimants goes, they would have termed them as loans but they have/are trying to give the impression to those not claiming these benefits, those not claiming state benefits, that these welfare claimants are getting something other than a loan by referring to it as an advance.

An Arsonist was referred to on the burnt out shop window of a Glasgow store, Peckham & Rye, as a 'Pyromaniac' well it was in the West End of Glasgow  maybe the Tories pronounce 'Loan' Ahdvaannce.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:46:57 AM by JLR2 »

JLR2

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 11:21:42 AM »
Watching the Sunday Politics on the BBC I became aware of what the shadow works and pensions secretary was saying in respect of Labour's future plans for disabled people, she spoke of how it is Labour's intention to see more being done to get disabled people into work. So be prepared for a continuance of similar policies as those of the Tories. It reminds me of that comment by a Labour MP who spoke of Labour being harder than the Tories when it came to welfare benefits.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/apply/get-advance-payment/

More information on the link  :-)

How to get an advance payment

You can ask for an advance payment at your Universal Credit interview, which you’ll be booked in for after you finish your online application. The interview will take place at a Jobcentre.

If you’ve already had your interview, you can phone the Universal Credit helpline to ask for an advance payment.

Universal Credit helpline
Telephone: 0345 600 0723
Textphone: 0345 600 0743
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Calls to this number can cost up to 9p a minute from a landline, or between 8p and 40p a minute from a mobile (your phone supplier can tell you how much you’ll pay) - you can call and ask them to call you back.

You’ll have to tell them how much money you need and give a breakdown of what it’s for, eg how much you need for bills, food, rent etc.

You’ll need to explain how getting an advance payment will prevent damage to you or your family’s health or safety. This can be situations like not being able to afford to eat, or not being able to afford energy bills or rent.

You can only get one advance payment, so make sure you ask for enough to cover you until you’ll get your first Universal Credit payment.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »
Watching the Sunday Politics on the BBC I became aware of what the shadow works and pensions secretary was saying in respect of Labour's future plans for disabled people, she spoke of how it is Labour's intention to see more being done to get disabled people into work. So be prepared for a continuance of similar policies as those of the Tories. It reminds me of that comment by a Labour MP who spoke of Labour being harder than the Tories when it came to welfare benefits.

Wasn't it Labour who originally inflicted ESA on us all?

Also, the Universal Credit helpline will become free at the end of the year (like, it should have been free in the first place  >erm<)
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/18/universal-credit-helpline-charges-to-be-scrapped