Author Topic: ESA review - had 2 Award Notices for no reason but review not done?  (Read 282 times)

paradox

• Bronze Member
Hi
I am currently undergoing and ESA review. I sent back the ESA50 a few weeks ago and have been waiting.
Last Saturday (14th Oct) I got an award notice drop on my mat saying Support group etc etc. I called on the Monday to confirm
this was about my review and they checked and said no its not back from whoever looks at it. She said they had updated my GP
and that was why it was sent? I thought strange but ok. Seems unfair to be sending award notices out during a review when nothing needed to be sent for them updating my GP.
Now again this Saturday I have another exactly the same award notice drop on my mat! I haven't called yet obviously as they were closed and I am reluctant to call because I do not want to get noted as keep calling....and really do not want to hear again its for some weird reason and not my review done? has anyone else had this or know why? It seem cruel to keep sending award notices for other reasons?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:46:36 AM by paradox »

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: ESA review - had 2 Award Notices for no reason but review not done?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:14:22 PM »
I'm not clear as to why you're saying the matter is still being reviewed now you've had another award notice.  Is it that you're expecting an assessment and haven't had one?  If so, not everyone has one.

Or is there something about the wording of it that puzzles you?

paradox

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 01:24:44 PM »
Hi, sorry its probably how I am wording things.
I sent off my ESA50 a few weeks ago and have been waiting to hear.
I got the first award notice on the 14th Oct, so I called to check how long for but when they looked at my records they could not see a reason to have sent the ward other than they updated my GP details...from my ESA50 I assume. They said it was still with the medical services (ATOS? or whoever)  so I got the impression it would be a while. Now this Saturday I got the second award notice....exactly the same as the first but dated a day after I called. So my thinking is its not likely to have been all done and printed and sent in a day?
If thats the case then I have no idea why they are sending these awards out. It seems weird and gets peoples hopes up only to find out its for some other weird reason...
Sorry I am rambling on, I am very stressed by it all. I just wondered if others have had this happen? my past 2 reviews I have never had this only the actual awards

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »
 >bighugs<

I know the DWP send out what can look like ESA notices  around this time of year and it actually relates to people getting their 10 Christmas bonus. A year or so ago some of us got awards in the Spring that said our money was going up as of December 2017 and it turned out there was a mistake in calculation because of the Christmas bonus.

Given what has been going on maybe wait until your next ESA payment to see if you are being paid the Support Group rate.

Also a you could ring up and say you need a proof of benefit letter and they will send one out. I had to get a proof of benefit letter when I bought the car we have now.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:00:41 PM »
I'd forgotten about those letters that just seem to come off the system for reasons that make little sense but sometimes do, like the 10 Christmas bonus.

I hate that sense of not knowing what's going on.  Still, at least you've got support group still whilst they get their act together. 

paradox

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 06:11:53 PM »
Thank you, I will try and be patient a little longer and see what happens.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 07:12:47 PM »
 >bighugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »
 >bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 12:51:44 AM »
I have received award notices for support group after completing the ESA50 without needing a face to face so it is possible it might actually be your award notice. However I'd try to be patient a while longer. After a few weeks if someone could take you to a small jobcentre a member of staff there may phone around and investigate what these letters are meaning but I'd wait a while first.

paradox

• Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 02:08:09 PM »
Thank you.
I eventually called up about the second award letter. They seem to have no idea why that was sent. As of yesterday
my review had still not been done it was with medical services still. So 2 false alarms of hope dashed and the misery goes on.
Meanwhile I am working on my DLA to PIP change over which has come at the same time so doubly whammy to deal with!

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »
Oh poor you. I would never in a million years have coped with both at once, the stress would have finished me. The positive of it though is you will have all the evidence ready and at hand. Do you have either practical or emotional support to help you complete the forms?

paradox

• Bronze Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 07:49:37 PM »
I have some help but its a minefield as I am sure you know. I could not believe I got both together....well within  days.
I am sending PIP off tomorrow...luckily I got the time extended by 2 weeks or I would not have been able to do it. I am now mentally exhausted and then it the terrible waiting game