Author Topic: First time esa form  (Read 974 times)

pjd

• Silver Member
Re: First time esa form
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »
Thanks,,  that's what I was worried about.    it asks on the form for my carers telephone number as well.  They are my family at the same address, so can I leave that blank as well?   If I get a home visit my concern is that  the DWP will ask why I dont let my family answer the home phone instead of me.   X

Monic1511

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »
leave the phone numbers blank and you are jumping the gun a bit and trying to anticipate questions and they will not have even looked at the form yet.   Try and shelve this for a few weeks for your own sanity.

SteveX

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2017, 08:16:00 PM »
I always leave the phone numbers blank, mainly because I know I could not deal with the stress of them phoning me out of the blue. 
Member of POMMAS

pjd

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2017, 12:45:20 PM »
Hi, I sent my form in 5 days late on saturday after asking for extra time but yesterday I received a letter sending me for a medical in 10 days time.  They won't have even read my form yet so why have they sent me for a medical. - is this normal?

Monic1511

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »
I️ suspect that since they knew the form was late that they scheduled the medical anyway. Sorry but you have to go to the medical unless your doctor will contact them again with an up to date letter saying why you cannot attend.

pjd

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2017, 03:38:04 PM »
Hi Monic, so they don't have to read the ESA form first then.   Did sending the form in a bit late trigger the early medical - is it all my fault?

pjd

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2017, 03:40:42 PM »
Hi, I sent the support letter from my gp requesting a home visit with the form - is that not valid any more?  x

Monic1511

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
You can phone and ask these questions but itís the medical services people you need to call, as for the gp letter, if itís an identical letter to the last time or isnít dated in the last 6 weeks they might ignore it

pjd

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2017, 05:53:26 PM »
Hi,  is medical services the one where I go for the medical assessment and what do I say to say?  My gp letter is dated around 15th October I think - so what should I do now?

Monic1511

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2017, 10:30:22 PM »
you phone medical services the place where you are to go for the medical and ask why they have ignored the gp letter requesting a home visit

pjd

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2017, 10:46:15 PM »
Hiya monic,  they only received my ESA form and letter today but the medical assessment letter was sent on the 17th so they  wouldn't have the gp letter yet.   The DWP couldn't tell me anything about why it had the medical had been sent out before re eiving the form either.   Will the DWP now send my gp letter to the medical services before the medical date on the 10th?

neurochick

• Diamond member
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 12:16:28 AM »
We can't really answer all the questions you are asking as we don't have any facts - we can only guess like you.  You, or someone who provides care for you, will need to investigate this with both the DWP and the Medical Services company that carries out the medical assessments.  These are 2 separate organisations. You need to contact the medical services company (rather than the DWP) and ask why your GP's request for a home assessment was ignored (as per Monic's advice).  If your GP's letter was submitted by you along with the completed ESA 50 form then it will all be with the medical services company as the form goes direct to them.

You need to explain that the letter inviting you to attend a medical was issued by them before you had even returned your completed ESA-50.  Ask them why this has happened.  They may or may not have an explanation. It may be a simple matter of a computerised list of letters being automatically generated and sent out on the assumption your form was in on time.

Regardless of any explanation, you are going to have to have a medical so you need to move on and explain that your GP has specifically requested that you have a medical done at home - tell them this GP letter was with your completed ESA-50 so they must have it. Ask them if they will now agree to provide that medical at your home and if not, ask why not.  In view of the very tight timescales, you may have to be prepared to go to the medical at the medical services company's office - I don't know why you and your GP think a home assessment is a better option for you but is it possible for you to go to the medical services company's office for the assessment if you need to? 

The risk is that with very tight timescales, all of this mis-communication and all of the confusion over your request for a home assessment, if you do not turn up on the allotted date at the office, they will cancel your claim. If you are absolutely certain that whoever is speaking to the medical services company and the DWP on your behalf is 100% sure that they are sorting things out with the right people and that your claim won't be cancelled if you don't turn up on the allotted date then it might be worth the risk of holding out for a home medical.  If you absolutely cannot under any circumstances go to the office for the medical then that should be clear from your GP's letter and it should be an easy matter for your caregivers to sort this with the medical services company.     

Monic1511

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2017, 09:52:31 AM »
Thanks Neurochick,
Great explanation
 >tah<
Monic

pjd

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »
Thanks neurochick and Monic,    I asked for a home visit because I'm either housebound or bedbound.  Although I can get to the doctors appts I often have to cancel because I've took a turn for the worse so I thought it best to try for home visit.  If I can't get one then I will try to go to the medical anyway as I know I will have  to try.  My family spoke to the DWP but they didn't know anything really so I'll get them to ring the medical sevices to see what's happening instead.

Thanks.