Author Topic: PIP lower than expected (thread title changed)  (Read 430 times)

Monic1511

Re: PIP lower than expected (thread title changed)
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »
Hi, I wouldnít go for more evidence if you have already sent in 100 pages, what to do if draft the letter and reference stuff you have already sent in.
You letter would be you have failed to consider the fact that I have several reports explaining how I need social support and appear to have ignored this. And work from that angle  >x-fingers<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 11:49:21 PM »
Thanks.

Hey, I suddenly thought - perhaps if I were to make reference to how much info I already sent and how that of itself is illustrative of the obsessive compulsive personality disorder that is the prime cause of the problems mixing with people?   >lol<

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 11:15:16 AM »
Hey, I suddenly thought - perhaps if I were to make reference to how much info I already sent and how that of itself is illustrative of the obsessive compulsive personality disorder that is the prime cause of the problems mixing with people?   >lol<

Yes indeed - I didn't even need any extra pages for my form as I fitted it all into the boxes they gave me.  I sent a couple of evidence letters with it and that was it.  Thus I was surprised the powers that be didn't take into account the amount of evidence you sent as evidencing in itself!   

I think it is a harsh tactic if they haven't got time to look at the relevant evidence that you supplied, even though you signposted it carefully, that they seem to have scored you as if you hadn't supplied evidence (eg about the hearing aids...)  but that should mean it will be easy for them to rethink that >thumbsup<  >x-fingers<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 12:26:18 PM »
Something has suddenly occurred to me, and I'm being serious here.  They phoned my GP.  They make references in the letter to my having bipolar disorder, but not to my other mental conditions.  I think what's happened is that they've seen the length of the stuff I've written, taken a bit of a look and realised I'm bipolar, phoned my GP, determined that I've got it seriously, and not bothered to read most of what I sent in. 

In all seriousness, and having regard to what Monic's said, probably the most important thing is going to be to refer to specific stuff I've already sent and the mood I'm in, that may be to specific lines/paragraphs on specific pages.

Incidentally, I didn't fit extra info into the boxes.  I can't write well enough for that so it was all in the extra info, very carefully labelled with headers, headings, sub-headings, paragraphs etc.  There's no way they can argue that it wasn't realistically possible to tie up the information with the boxes.  Or rather, it won't be the case that it wasn't possible from an information-gathering point of view for someone educated to GCSE level, but I now suppose that it wasn't possible from a time-per-case perspective for the individual assessor.

Monic1511

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 07:19:41 PM »
Hi Sunny
I've seen the assessors once looking at a case and although there were paper cases in the office the assessors were encouraged to use electronic files, so they would have a pdf on the screen and they had to read that and then make the decisions, I got the impression asking for the paper file was frowned upon as it meant getting a paper file from a different location.

So if your reconsideration say
I wish to request a reconsideration of the decision as you have failed to consider the severity of my problems, I provided you with adequate information that you appear to have ignored,  When considering my ability to communicate you have not considered the evidence at paragraph X page Y etc,  You may have dismissed my evidence as being excessive but it proves my problems and is also indicative of my difficulties with communication and social situations.

Not sure if that is correct but I hope it is helpful.  >dove<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2017, 08:40:06 PM »
Thanks.  That is helpful.

I'm afraid that for me as for so many people, these assessments and decisions trigger so many issues.

And I'm sure I'm not the only veteran that goes into meltdown when getting decisions like this at a sensitive time of year that seem to say I have none of the problems I've stated relating to military service.  It's only bipolar disorder.  The button that's pressed is that my GP, whilst very competent, kind and caring, never bought into the military thing.  Other doctors have, but he's one of those, to judge by a couple of things he's said in the past, that have an issue with female veterans.  I'm not sure how to explain it except that I'm 100% sure that if I were a male veteran, he wouldn't be focussing solely on the bipolar disorder.

But I'll calm down.  I  have to.  And maybe it's the kick up the backside I need to get help I should have been getting years ago.