Author Topic: Dear ouch  (Read 3013 times)

pennycillin

Dear ouch
« on: January 13, 2012, 12:15:56 AM »
Dear People of Ouch2.

My name is Pennycillin, or allbigideas on twitter. I have found my voice. for me the spartacusreport movement has been life changing. I have mental health problems and I am very socially isolated. I'm findng life really tough at the moment and even getting out of bed was a struggle.

And then monday happened. all of a sudden I was part of a community, all with the same aim and purpose. We wanted a pause to Pip and we had a legitimate case in the spartacusreport.

I no longer feel alone, I don't feel helpless and worried about the future of my life on benefits. I feel empowered, stronger and feeling like I can make a difference, no WE can make a difference.

I haven't met any of these people, but to me they have become family. Its been an emotional rollercoaster this week as last night we virtually held hands watching parliament tv as the vote came in, and then the explosion of tweets tentatively celebrating, and breaking out into a full blown party.

Disability activism has found a new voice on twitter, thanks to the #spartacusreport.

All I ask is that for one week you sacrifice this board to a greater cause. One week. This is your lives we are fighting for, and we want and need your help.

If anyone watched newsnight tonight and seen Sue Marsh on there, and was impressed let me tell you something. On tuesday she went to hospital, she was so ill from all this campaiging. If you look at benefitscroungingscums blog, bendygirl can hardly talk. My life crashed today. We are all knackered but all keeping on going. We are fighting for your lives and our lives WITH our lives.

We are standing up and saying NO MORE. The spartacus report is exposing the truth behind the government lies.

If it wasnt for the spartacusreport and thepeople behind it you would wake up in april and find your no longer entitled to benefits, and I am sure you would have wished you could have done something. Too late by then. Last night we seen a historic victory for disability campaigners. We did something.

I implore you, dont stand idly by and moan at your boards being taken over, be inspired, be moved by our passion, get involved. Dont say you cant do it, say you can. Go to twitter (dont sign in) and type in frombedactivism. People are sick and suffering but still fighting.

there is not an excuse not to join in.

Cilli

ilovepinkandpurple

Re: Dear ouch
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:40:14 AM »
Just to let you know im not moaning about the boards i think its great the way people are fighting to keep DLA  >thumbsup<. you shouldnt say people are standing idle but

hossylass

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:48:16 AM »
It will be over far too quick !

Soon it will all be back to normal.

Thanks for your support Pink, your comments have helped me to keep  going. The next few days are going to be just as exhausting, and then we can all have a break and talk about more fun things again :)

ilovepinkandpurple

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:53:38 AM »
 >rainbow< Hossylass  >thumbsup<  >star<    pennycillin i typed in twitter ingoogle but where do you type in frombedactivsm it said login and password. but i will try tomorrow evening againim tired now going to >cs< Pennycillin your a  >star< >thumbsup<
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:55:11 AM by ilovepinkandpurple »

Elfie

• Charter Member
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:45 AM »
You're right Penny.

I have to say that I have been amazed and astounded at the camaraderie that Spartacus has given rise to, and I am honoured to be a very, very tiny part of it.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »
I second Elfie.  I want to hold hands with everyone.

hossylass

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 01:53:26 AM »
Its been amazing really, people have posted and chatted to new people, and it has really expanded our circle of friends and contacts, and we have new members - Hurrah!

And we have something no other site has, afterwards we can archive the whole thing to look back on, a real record of achievements.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:42 AM »
Hossy, Go To Bed.  Now!!

hossylass

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 02:12:29 AM »
Ok, just finish this fag and cup of tea, and let the dog out (I think, by the aroma, that an outside moment is necessary).

Then I promise I will go to bed.
Oh and I have to check the pig, well the BF's pig, its expecting piglets any day soon - she picked her moment, bet the buggers turn up just when it all gets exciting!

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 02:21:09 AM »
I Said Now!!

myrtlemaid

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »
lol @ auntie.

Yes the campaign has been a great experience forme..its made me feel there is some hope . and ive found being part of something has made me feel more powerful and that even tho I can do a lot even my contribution counts. Its quite simply given me back a little germ of pride and strength

I dont think Im cut out to be a  good leader , I guess there are only a certain amount of generals needed , but I can be a foot soldier and thats important too.. maybe as I go thru life Ill be able to be a better foot soldier and the part I play will be more skilled .

Im so pleased I stayed a part of this site, when i was at my lowest not long ago I did feel i was so little use I should leave but now Im glad I didnt because if I had Id have missedout on this ! and that would have been a great loss

Im not sure who complained or why, it not important. This has been a great thing for many people who it was , but please whoever you are just be patient there is room for everyone and everything..this has been a great thing for many people, and if, for whatever reason you are unwilling or unable to take part in it then please try and be glad for us for that
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:25:03 AM by myrtlemaid »
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

myrtlemaid

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 07:27:19 AM »
Peni it has been wonderful to see you blossom over the past few  days.. have a huge hug ! I m so proud of you !
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
This has been a great thing for many people who it was , but please whoever you are just be patient there is room for everyone and everything..this has been a great thing for many people, and if, for whatever reason you are unwilling or unable to take part in it then please try and be glad for us for that

Well said, Myrtlemaid.

.. and Penny in the opening post. 

Making a contribution to a cause, no matter how small, is - in my opinion - more likely to promote self-esteem and the 'feel-good factor' than just grumbling about how awful everything is without doing one iota to try and change the situation.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 10:49:56 AM »
Cilli - Penny is going to be gobsmacked when she gets back!