Author Topic: The BBC Ouch Blog Has Relocated (lack of interest??)  (Read 7045 times)

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
The BBC Ouch Blog Has Relocated (lack of interest??)
« on: April 23, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »
Goodbye - Ouch is on the move

Thursday, 18 April 2013

This is the last entry on our page here. As of Thursday our blog will move to a new home, with a fresh format. Visit our new page to keep up with our stories and podcasts all in one place.

While this version of Ouch will no longer be updated, it will stay here for reference. Thanks for reading, and we look forward to keeping the conversation going in our new home.

We may have moved but the address bbc.co.uk/ouch will still take you to our latest stuff, now part of the News site.

See you in the new place.

Ouch Team

PS: Before 2011, Ouch had yet another home and a slightly different remit at the BBC. You can see even older archive dating back to 2002 which includes comedy, cartoons, video and columns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ouch/

The new page is:  BBC News - Ouch: 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs/ouch/

>title edit with author's permission for more clarity - KK<
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:51:14 PM by KizzyKazaer »

Jockice

• Charter Member
Re: The BBC Ouch Blog Has Closed Down
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 04:08:28 PM »
Hmm. I can safely say I looked at the Ouch blog at the most three times after they closed the messageboard down. No great loss as far as I'm concerned.

DarthVector

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »
I did look at the old blog a few times, but only when people referenced its posts here on OuchToo. The new blog will probably work the same way for me.

Prabhakari

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 06:02:35 PM »
I think I might have looked for it just once, but I may have been dreaming.

Just looked. It made me feel depressed.
Ouchtoo is better by far.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:07:19 PM by Prabhakari »
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 06:31:28 PM »
I've just looked at the BBC site, and "Ouch" is on the home page. I looked at the blog and saw why I bailed out ages ago.

zzzzzzz

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:51:25 PM »
Kizzy has messaged me to say the BBC Ouch Blog hasn't closed down, it has just moved to the News Page, so she wishes to retitle this thread, which is fine by me -  but as far as I'm concerned, the BBC Blog has closed down because it no longer exists.

myrtlemaid

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Still fighting...well sometimes !
Re: The BBC Ouch Blog Has Relocated (lack of interest??)
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »
I did look at the blog in the early days but only to sneer because I was very upset that they closed the old forum down...this place tho is imo much better.. far better discussions with less hidden agendas and not having to watch every word you say in case someone took offence... lol can say BUM  and ARSE here and no one bats an eye !
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »
...zzzzzzz

Sums it up for me too, not something I've looked at very much at all.  I wonder if they moved to BBC News because there wasn't enough interest to justify maintaining a whole Ouch! website within BBC Online - the thing was basically dead in the water once the message board was closed...

The blog does still exist though - just in a different part of BBC Online!  Perhaps the title should have read 'Ouch website slashed' or something along those lines? 

...this place tho is imo much better.. far better discussions with less hidden agendas and not having to watch every word you say in case someone took offence...

>thumbsup<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »
Miss! Miss! Myrtelmaid said a rude word Miss! She said 'BUM' and 'ARSE'  <giggles>. Are you going to use the  >flyswatter<  on her?  >angel<

>devil<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »
I was just debating with myself whether to put her on pre-mod or not..

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 07:47:48 PM »
I was just debating with myself whether to put her on pre-mod or not..

>lol<

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 01:01:26 PM »
Thinking back to the old BBC Ouch site that this one is both more robust and caring.  >hugs<

Undoubtedly the BBC did us a favour closing the old message board, even if we didn't appreciate it at the time.

Again many thanks to Sunshine and the mods.  >thumbsup<

AndMac

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 03:25:18 PM »
I agree, it was a massive favour. Thank you again to all those who make Ouchtoo what it is.

I may dip in and out but goodness, how I value this forum and knowing that if something disability related impinges on my life, I can share my news and views here. It was the same with the old Ouch! except that I couldn't share product news as it was advertising, and I got modded for a couple of bizarre reasons once or twice. I think once there wasn't a reason, the system just chose to do.

We couldn't have had the Aldi disability bargains thread, for example unless I'd been very oblique ("German founded store that is an anagram of Dial/Laid" - I'm sure I described Aldi thus in the past.)

"More robust and caring" sums us up perfectly.
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 03:29:27 PM »
I was never a member of BBC Ouch, but am thoroughly appreciative of this place. In addition to many positive things other have mentioned on the tread so far, I'd like to add that I view the members here as friends, if that doesn't sound too sentimental.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
The management (of lack of it) used to really get up my nose.  But the people were OK.   >lol<