Author Topic: John Major on IDS  (Read 730 times)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
John Major on IDS
« on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »
Not brilliant news, but it might raise a bit of a smile:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/peteroborne/100242545/sir-john-major-boosts-ed-miliband-and-undermines-his-old-enemy-iain-duncan-smith-this-is-what-revenge-looks-like/

Iain Duncan Smith is trying to reform benefits. I truly wish him well. But it is enormously complicated and unless he is very lucky, which he may not be, or a genius, which the last time I looked was
unproven, he may get some of it wrong. I hope Iain is wise enough to listen to a wide range of opinion because some of his critics will be right. If he listens only to the bean-counters and to cheerleaders concerned only with abuse of the system then he will fail.

IDS's response is covered here:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/iain-duncan-smith-on-john-major-im-forever-in-awe-of-an-intellect-that-brought-us-cones-hotline-8904198.html

Mr Duncan Smith hit back: “Well, as I say, I never really get too fussed about what people think about their own intellects. I’m always happy to be in awe of someone whose own intellect delivered us the cones hotline, I must say.”

and

“I never make any claims for myself, I just say I think we should all look at each other and be a little more pleasant.”

This from the man who has spent the last few years calling sick and disabled people a bunch of scroungers.  >doh<

Fizzbw

Re: John Major on IDS
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
I never knew "pleasant" was such a foul word......

Fx

Glummum

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
love it! ;-)

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »
Quote at the end of that article in the LES:-
A recent book by Standard columnist Matthew d’Ancona said Chancellor George Osborne confided in allies: “You see Iain giving presentations and realise he’s just not clever enough.”
Not only me who thinks IDS isn't terribly bright then? >biggrin<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
Hello N.N

I.D.S is such a smug 2 faced hypocrit (a born polition) bet he was a smarmy school prefect (the crawler + teacher pet + all round Judus (betraying every one) he defently has'nt improved with age