Author Topic: PIP being rolled out in my area in May  (Read 3250 times)

gus

• Diamond member
PIP being rolled out in my area in May
« on: May 12, 2015, 09:22:15 AM »
 I am thinking of applying for PIP before I am forced to change over from DLA they are already rolling it out in my area in late May.At present I receive LRC and HRM indefinite award looking at the PIP forms I should still receive HRM even with the 20m rule due to Agoraphobia.The care component should increase to the higher rate.In the online tests I scored 16 care 16 mobility although in care it could increase to 20 points. 

I am worried about losing my claim because we all know nothing is guaranteed but I do have lots of medical evidence plus the DLA DR's medical report which I will quote from.I am in the support group which was awarded based on my DLA assessment I never had a WCA as my DLA assessment was only 3 months before the WCA was due.My attitude is they are going to do it anyway so why not get it over and done with? does anyone know how long the average waiting times are to change over?

I cannot apply until after May 28th.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:13:50 AM by gus »

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: PIP being rolled out in my area in May
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »
I didn't realise you could choose to apply before they tell you to, I'd thought you could only make a PIP claim before they send you out the forms to do so if your condition has changed since your last DLA application? 

That's what we've been told down here unless that information was wrong.

gus

• Diamond member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 02:06:54 PM »
I didn't realise you could choose to apply before they tell you to, I'd thought you could only make a PIP claim before they send you out the forms to do so if your condition has changed since your last DLA application? 

Hi Fiz,
You do need a change in your conditions sorry I should have mentioned that in my post not been well this morning so brain is on the blink lol.In my case my Crohns is causing lots of problems and is getting worse my arthritis is getting more restrictive my left arm now has limited movement.There are several changes since I applied for DLA over three years ago including adaptations which as you know with PIP you get points for.I just want to get it over and done with I would rather face the brown envelope than have it drop through the door unexpected.

Minniehaha

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:08:23 PM »
I'd thought you could only make a PIP claim before they send you out the forms to do so if your condition has changed since your last DLA application? 

I'm sure you're right, Fiz.

I'm currently getting DLA LRM and have recently initiated a claim for PIP.  I decided to go for it in the hope of being awarded PIP HRM after being granted a discretionary Blue Badge by my local council - which has been an absolute Godsend.  I have mental health issues including agoraphobia and social anxiety along with mobility problems caused by sciatica and chronic venous insufficiency in my lower legs, all of which have worsened over the years.  I've been assured that my DLA will continue until a decision has been made regarding my PIP claim and I'm fairly confident I'll be awarded the lower mobility rate of PIP at the very least.  I'm also hopeful (but not confident) of getting the lower rate of the daily living component as I need a lot of social support.

Wish me luck!

PS Go for it Gus!

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 02:59:48 PM »
Can someone point me in the direction of the online thingy where you can answer questions to see how many PIP points you'd get?

A friend who has same diagnosis as me but milder symptoms and has been able to work full time has been awarded high rate PIP and she told me to switch to PIP not realising I can't.

Minniehaha

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 03:12:19 PM »
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:15:46 PM by Minniehaha »

gus

• Diamond member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
Thanks Minniehaha.
You stand a good chance of being successful for HRB with social anxiety and agoraphobia.

11 f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points

For myself 11f applies due to agoraphobia I have to have someone with me at all times and often don't make it out of the door because my Crohns kicks off due to the anxiety of going out.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 06:45:31 PM »
What does "needs a therapeutic source in order to take nutrition" mean?

I'm honestly not sure, I don't eat if I can help it and often it's someone here or a medic/therapist encouraging me that means i eat but I'm not sure what that means. I doubt I'd fit that.

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »
I looked it up.  It means a feeding tube or the like.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 08:44:33 PM »
I suspect I may lose the mobility totally on transfer, which I get currently due to anxiety, and instead of middle rate care, I will get low rate and that only because of my eating disorder, not because of the depression so if the therapy works I will get nothing at all. There aren't any questions for self harm etc.

gus

• Diamond member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »
Well I took the plunge today and applied for PIP I would rather face PIP than wait for the brown envelope. I told the DWP lady my conditions have changed which they have and after reading my old DLA assessment a lot was missed out by the doctor.
I have a lot of new medical evidence as well as adaptions in the house which were not there when I was awarded DLA so these will help with points I will send the OT letters granting the adaptions with the claim.When I filled in my DLA form I was very careful to go into great detail and will do the same again.I have given permission to use all information from my DLA claim the DLA claim was also used for my ESA award I never had the WCA.I would like to type out the form as I cannot hold a pen for very long and if I try my hands will start seizing up.

I have come up with an idea I will type out comprehensive information pertaining to each question and write in the box see answer to Q1a,2b and so forth on attached paperwork.This way I can as least fill the form in myself it always seems to take much longer when my wife fills in forms for me and most of the time I cannot read her writing.

The DWP representative stated that this claim could affect my current or future claims for benefits. At least I will get this over and done with and will have a home assessment as before.
I should get high rate for both care and mobility but you never know fingers crossed.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:45:54 PM by gus »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »
Good luck with the process as well as the decision, Gus - please keep us informed, you could be OuchToo's 'PIP guinea-pig'  ;-) >x-fingers<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 11:21:35 PM »
Yes, do keep us informed.

gus

• Diamond member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 07:35:09 AM »
Thanks KizzyKazaer and auntieCtheM I will certainly keep you informed.
Hopefully I will be successful I am confident I will be.

gus

• Diamond member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 01:52:14 PM »
Had my assessment today at home everything went well doctor seemed nice hopefully a positive result will keep you all informed  >fingerscrossed<.