Author Topic: What Triggers a Claim to Universal Credit in Full Service Areas  (Read 203 times)

Monic1511

I can see that more and more people are getting stressed by Universal Credit and its processes.  I can't say I'm an expert as I'm in a Live Service area (only certain claimants are able to claim UC)  Its different in a Full Service area as you CANNOT claim Housing Benefit, Income Based JSA, Income Based ESA, Working tax credits, child tax credits or Income Support.  These benefits no longer exist in full service areas.
This is a good document to look at if your in a full service area
https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/default/files/wwwfileroot/benefits-and-council-tax/welfare-rights-and-money-advice/what_triggers_a_claim_for_universal_credit_in_a_full_service_area_0.pdf
I have tried to attach the pdf at the foot of the page.

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/eligibility - is the governments page and has some handy links.

I will say I despise UC and the hassle it brings but I try not to stress about it because I cannot change it.
I would urge you all to just keep calm, wait for the correspondence and then contact your MP to tell them how useless their flagship policy is.
Monic

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: What Triggers a Claim to Universal Credit in Full Service Areas
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:12:04 PM »
Thank you Monic  >rose<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:59:26 PM »
Thank you the pdf works  >thumbsup< >star<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
I'm in a full service area and I am definitely resisting a change of circs.

My dd's friend, a young single Mum who lives in the city is receiving UC but as yet they have failed to add the housing (benefit) element or her child benefit element. If it weren't for her mother they'd be homeless. The baby is almost a year old! It's actually quite scary.

Monic1511

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 09:28:12 PM »
Hi Fiz
Child benefit is not part of UC but child tax credit is so I suspect its that part that will be missing
her uc should be
personal allowance 251.77 (if under 25)or 317.80 over 25
child element        277.08
Housing Element 350 (possibly but depends on the actual rent and the local housing allowance) https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/search.aspx

so each month she should get 251.77 + 277.08 + 350 + child benefit 81.20 = 960.05
looks a lot when its laid out like that doesn't it -

Your local CAB is probably overwhelmed but that's where she needs to be and then the MP's office
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »
Fortunately she has a loving doting fit and healthy mother who will always help her. The little lad will want for nothing. I hope all her payments are sorted now. Tricky for me is she's dd's friend, I don't often see her and we are in different local authorities.