Author Topic: PIP mobility scenario  (Read 517 times)

Monic1511

Re: PIP mobility scenario
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 07:53:16 PM »
At tribunal when they talk about taking a journey they mentioned things like travelling across the road to a friends house, travelling 4 doors down to the local shop and the gp.

the thing you have to remember is that there have been amendments to the legislation and from 17.03.17 descriptor f should read
"Cannot, for reasons other than psychological distress, follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid"

this also applies to c.  cannot for reasons other than psychological distressplan the route of a journey 4 points
d Cannot, for reasons other than psychological distress, follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid" 10 points

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »
This is where it seems daft. If my GP or a shop were 4 doors down I could almost certainly get there with necessary pain relief. But as the nearest anything is a mile away my GP does home visits and my shopping is online and the asda man empties the crates onto worktops as I can't bend. So yes, I would get 4 doors down if I had to but as anywhere I need to go is further than I can get I am housebound to all extent and purposes. I think the questions don't fit everybody. I'm really low at the moment so all forms are beyond me.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »
 >bighugs<