Author Topic: PIP - a good aspect of delays  (Read 206 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
PIP - a good aspect of delays
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
It only just occurred to me that there's a good aspect to delays in processing PIP.  If we suppose that I'll get less on PIP than on DLA, the longer it takes to process my claim, the better. 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:22:30 PM by Sunny Clouds »
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: PIP - a good aspect of delays
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »
That's true enough - is this a new line in positive thinking?  >biggrin<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: PIP - a good aspect of delays
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 02:47:03 AM »
It's a little bit of positivity amidst a sea of bleakness.

I'm also getting some grit back - when filling in my PIP application I assumed I wouldn't get a mobility element, but now I've decided that if I don't, I'll appeal on principle. That means that my next step is to gather more evidence to dump in the DWP lap.   I've decided that the number of falls I'm having and the nature of them and my extreme anxiety about them are such that they may well qualify me under more than one category, so what would I have to lose by appealing?  The obvious answer is time, but if I viewed it as an opportunity to learn appeal skills, then win or lose it would be time well spent.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)