Author Topic: ESA50 shambles  (Read 1354 times)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: ESA50 shambles
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »
I strongly recommend anguishing less than I do.  (I'm very good at 'do as I say, not as I do'.)

>bighugs<

And I forgot to thank you for the laugh you provided up thread (3rd message after the OP).  Much needed and appreciated!

Well, I've woken up with a stinking cold, so no visiting Mum today (don't think rampaging rhinovirus would be welcomed on a ward full of frail people with dicky tickers). Oh well. I suppose it means I can concentrate on getting this stuff sorted.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 11:19:56 AM »
 >bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 06:06:31 PM »
Thanks Sunny.  >hugs<

Well it's done and in the post box, so will now try to forget about it, as I've supplied as much information and medical evidence as possible.

Thank you to everyone for helping.  >bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 07:34:24 PM »
All will be well.

Of course, they'll misdirect it, then lose it, then find it, then assess you for the wrong benefit, then notify you at the wrong address, then ask for a second copy of everything, then send you an appointment for 5am at a centre 10 miles from the nearest bus service, which you'll change for one you can actually get to but which has no  lift or nearby disabled car parking, then they'll ask you a load of totally irrelevant questions, then they'll assess you as not eligible for ESA, but they'll get your name wrong and tell someone else, which will take ages to sort out, but it'll all be sorted out in time for your nearest and dearest to apply for a funeral grant to bury you with after you died of exhaustion when you phoned to sort out the problem, hung on for someone to help you, and listened to Vivaldi for 100 consecutive hours without a break...

Or maybe you'll just get the benefit you're entitled to at the rate you're entitled.  It does actually happen to people.  Not everyone, but given all the effort you've put into checking you've sent the right info, there's a good chance that when trying to pick out claims to reject to keep their performance stats up, they'll reckon yours isn't an easy target.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 09:23:57 PM »
Sunny, your faith in the DWP is.... awesome  >lol<

>x-fingers< for the result you deserve, NN  >angel<

SteveX

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 08:05:27 PM »
>x-fingers<>x-fingers<>x-fingers< Good luck NN  >x-fingers<>x-fingers<>x-fingers<
Member of POMMAS

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 09:13:59 PM »
Thanks Kizzy and Steve  >hugs< >hugs<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 09:30:36 AM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

These days it will cost a lot less money to check through the newly filled in ESA form, have a quick look to see it 'matches' the older ESA's you filled in and give you ESA than it would to read everything all over again.

Decision Makers will be expected to meet quotas and so a ESA claim that can be done quickly amounts to the same thing as a short call a agent gets in a call centre. It brings average time taken down.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 10:30:46 AM »
Thanks Sunshine! >hugs<

There has been some deterioration in my condition, so hopefully that won't trigger a WCA.  >x-fingers<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 11:32:19 AM »
There has been some deterioration in my condition, so hopefully that won't trigger a WCA.  >x-fingers<

For me, this resulted in being moved to the Support Group on the strength of my ESA50 alone, so seems unlikely...

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »
 >whatarelief<

Thanks Kizzy!  >hugs<

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »
I'm starting to wish there was an electronic version of the forms the Dreaded Wacky People wish us to fill in and refill in on a regular basis.
That way we could save a copy on our computers rather than wasting half a tree and half a weeks benefit to copy them.

Just a quick off topic thought, if the Decision Makers have a quota of "fakers" to out, if they find 0.7% as fakers in year 1, do they carry on looking for 0.7% of the rest of claimants until there are no claimants left?
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 10:01:37 PM »
Re. filling in the forms.  What I do is this...

The forms for various benefits seem these days to consist of 5 parts: info like name & address, info like health professional details, tick boxes, list of conditions, and extra information boxes.

I fill the basic info like name & address in on the form and tick all the boxes.  Brief info about GP etc. I also put on the form.  Then everything else I type out and attach, simply writing "see attached" in each box.

I reckon that so long as I clearly label all my info, turning to an attached bundle of papers is actually easier than looking at the form, because I've typed out the info, which isn't just easier for me, it's easier for them to read.

The only problem is that because I do headings and sub-headings and headers and footers, my last benefits application form had an appendix nearly 100 pages long, which equates to probably 60 - 70 if I hadn't done headings. 

I don't know how much that lot would have taken up if crammed into the boxes in small writing.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 05:07:20 PM »
Came back from visiting Mum to find one of Those envelopes on the mat.

The letter it contains is on Social Security Agency headed paper, but the return address is the ESA Mail Opening Unit up in Limavady.

"Your claim for Employment and Support Allowance

A change in the Employment and Support Allowance rate payable

We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.

From ***** your ESA will be **** a week.

This is because of:

a decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the Support Group"

The rest of the letter then covers MR, work-focused health related assessments and WFIs. The last page concerns "How your ESA has been worked out".

If this is the award letter, then it's the quickest to arrive yet. I waited 8-12 weeks on previous occasions.

Are there any standard benefits uprating letters being sent out at the moment, or is it safe to assume this is the award letter? Can't find the one I got in 2014 to compare the two. 

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 05:21:27 PM »
Yep, it's the award letter alright - it reads exactly like the one I had!

You're safely in the Support Group, NN  >thumbsup<