Author Topic: ESA50  (Read 234 times)

bub1

• Gold Member
ESA50
« on: October 07, 2017, 04:25:10 PM »
Hi all
I have been getting esa support group since 15.
I now have a new esa50 through to fill in has to be back by 1st November.
I am not going to send anything with it as last time they didnít even read it.
I have new health condition add on it now.

I canít remember how long after send form back that they notifiyou whether you need f2f or not
Any ideas?
You were brilliant help time last time I was on here
Thankyou

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: ESA50
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
As a start:-

1. Assume that they don't still have in their file, on their computer, in their records etc. any information you previously gave them.  (They may do, but work on the basis they don't.)

2. Check the legal criteria (if you don't have them, one of us can give you a link to an easy to work-through list) and don't just answer the questions they asked, answer the questions they should have asked.  Taking a silly fictitious example, if the rules said you could get a point if you were scared of big cats and the form asked if you were scared of lions, and you weren't scared of lions but you were scared of tigers, it would be important to say so.  E.g. "I'm not scared of lions, but I'm scared of other big cats."   

3. Bearing in mind that a lot of people that are legally entitled to ESA get turned down, and of those that are turned down and appeal, most get it on appeal, I suggest that you don't just consider when sending in information and evidence whether the assessor and decision maker will read it, but whether their appeals-handler and a tribunal judge would read it and take it into consideration.  Of course, you could put in more information later, but consider not being too pessimistic.

4. Timescale.  It takes ages and ages and ages.  (Notice how precise my answer is!)
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Monic1511

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:07:59 PM »
okay you need to list everything that is wrong, many people say but its not my psoriasis that's the biggest problem.  I thin have to explain that its all linked.
when you answer the questions think about the type of work you would be doing if you had to do a task, but like this

Cab you pick up and move a 1 litre carton, a large bulky object - what they are asking is could you do a check out job where your sliding said item past a scanner.  can you raise an arm to shoulder/head height - they mean can you stack shelves.   can you speak, can you press a button - yes - okay you now can work in a call centre.   That's the level of stupidity but its the way it works.

Look at the support group criteria and work out which one you meet and make sure your answers lead to that.

best wishes
Monic

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »
Bub, I'm also wrestling with an ESA 50 at the moment, and was given this link on the thread I started about it:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/

I'm finding it very useful and hope you will too.

As for evidence, I'm sending everything plus the kitchen sink. I can understand why, after your last experience, you might be reluctant to send any more, but it's better to include the evidence to give yourself the best possible chance of getting the right result.

Above all, hang in there. You'll get though this (and so will I)  >hugs<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »
I am not going to send anything with it as last time they didnít even read it.
I have new health condition add on it now.

If having a new health condition means you have been to hospital to see a consultant or have physion then it is worth sending evidence of that, Also maybe check with your GP that the new health condition is included on your basic health record.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 04:45:17 PM »
All health conditions are listed with GP.
I did last time send them loads of evidence and they still did not look at it.
Plus they contacted GP. Who did state to them that my conditions would get worse over time which they have. They also knew last time at the very first WCA that the following week after it I would be having another hip replacement and they had paperwork for tbst to. But didnít take no notice
I do have GP appointment on the 20th and hospital appointment on the 30th.
I will put that all in the form or maybe send afterwards by signed for. As it has to be back by 3rd November 2017.
So will see what happens