Author Topic: The Chit Chat thread of maybe randomnessand dropping by.  (Read 67054 times)

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: The Chit Chat thread of maybe randomnessand dropping by.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »
It was nothing major auntie I stupidly in all innocence inquired about Ramadan and when it was that year. It was made clear to me in no uncertain terms that as they were not Muslim they did not observe Ramadan and had no Idea when it would be.

Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
Copying others might not work.

Too true.  >yikes<

My friend's husband is Muslim and with the help of my friend, I am attempting to learn a few words of Farsi.

Last week,  when I was out with her and her husband, she said a few words to him when she dropped him off.

As I thought she was saying goodbye, I copied what she said. 

They both started laughing like hyenas.  They laughed so much I thought her husband was going to fall over and my friend was crying with laughter.

When I asked the meaning of what I had repeated, my friend told me that I had said something which only a wife would say to their husband.   >blush<

They both realised I thought I was just saying goodbye and thought it was hysterically funny.

My friend now has strict instructions to only use Farsi phrases which are appropriate for me to use!

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
 >lol<

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 04:44:43 PM »
Stop stealing my monkey socks!!!  >angry<
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »
Yvette  >lol<

Dark D, I hope you don't mind me asking, but what are 'monkey socks', and who is stealing them?

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 09:58:20 AM »
I don't know what are 'monkey socks' either.

suessad

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 12:15:58 PM »
Stop stealing my monkey socks!!!  >angry<

Sorry but, I only like the red ones.  :-(

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »
Perhaps DD was trying to be a bit...random  ;-)

What's people up to on this fine Bank Holiday Monday?

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 05:15:33 PM »
Monday mornings are "health walks" - organised by local council to give people who have become unaccustomed to exercise something fairly gentle to try (choice of 1-hour slow, 90-mins a tiny bit quicker, 2-hour moderate Monday a.m.; there are shorter/ easier ones at other times).  They are very popular. :-)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »
Ooh, we have a similar scheme here also - 'Walk Well', only it's twice a week.  (I used to take part a few years ago when I was trying to 'get back into things' as it were - now I stride out on my own with my MP3..) I think it's a great idea as walking is a non-expensive form of exercise that most can do, and there are flat routes for wheelchair users as well.  Good of them to continue on a holiday Monday too!

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »
Ooh, we have a similar scheme here also - 'Walk Well', only it's twice a week.  (I used to take part a few years ago when I was trying to 'get back into things' as it were - now I stride out on my own with my MP3..) I think it's a great idea as walking is a non-expensive form of exercise that most can do, and there are flat routes for wheelchair users as well.  Good of them to continue on a holiday Monday too!
The walk leaders are volunteers (council arrange free training) & most are retired, so no reason not to continue most bank hols (no walk if it happens to be one of the 2 or 3 days each year without public transport though).  There are several walks most days, scattered around the borough. :-)

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »
I look at my council's walks every now and then.  Trouble is they usually start mid-mornings which is not a good time for me.  I wish they did mid-afternoon walks.

(I assumed it was the dog that was stealing the socks that had monkey faces on them.   >biggrin<)

I went to the gym this afternoon to try and get back into a routine.  Someone has stolen the Radar key that they give out to people who want to use the accessible changing room!

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »
That was very naughty of them.

The centre should make people pay a deposit to borrow the key.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 08:40:04 PM »
They have now gone back to leaving the door open, so anyone can use it.  Annoyingly someone rattled the handle when I was in there.  So I called out that I would not be long, rushed to finish, and when I opened the door there was no sign of anyone wanting to use the room.  grr!

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
New mattress arrived and the delivery men got it upstairs too which is great given it was the right size this time. New firm I used way better than the other one which brought the wrong sized mattress plonked it on the bed and was going to leave quickly  >angry<

I even got out of the house yesterday for a bit of a country walk (wheel) me Mr Sunshine and a friend who well lets say is nagging me a bit to get out and about on my own more. Twas nice but the Powertrike struggled with my 'great' weight a steep slope and loose gravel. Milo just jumped on the desk I hope he sits down soon.

Auntie,

I hate it when that happens  >steam<

DD,

Is the theft of monkey socks sending you 'ape' ?