Author Topic: Had letter to say they have postponed my assessment appointment  (Read 3530 times)

bub1

• Gold Member
Had letter today from health assessment centre say my appointment has been postponed and my appointment on the 3rd January 2018 has been cancelled and they will contact me again soon to arrange another appointment?
Then below it says if you want to discuss your claim or if you would like more information about why you no longer need this assessment please contact job centre plus office that deals with your claim. T top of letter it says Important we have postponed your appointment?

Can anyone have a clue why this happened?
I think they wonít have enough staff.

Monic1511

Re: Had letter to say they have postponed my assessment appointment
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »
Hi Bub
it could be either they have enough info to make a decision on your claim without the assessment or that 3rd January a majority of staff are still on holiday.  There is no point in phoning them to ask whats going on, just enjoy a day in the house that is less stressful than the visit to an assessment centre.
 >hugs<
Monic

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 08:25:57 AM »
Thanks monic
I do expect that itís the latter and not enough people.
So will wait for next one to arrive.
Itís not really worrying me as such I just wanted to get it out of the way.
At least they let me know this time.
Last time I went twice to be told it had been cancelled and file wasnít there.
The third time I was seen.
Have a nice Christmas

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 10:38:36 AM »
Sorry to read you're being messed about, Bub; try not to let it spoil your Christmas as there's nothing that can be done now anyway... Sending you some festive cheer  >pudding< >bubbly<

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 11:23:57 AM »
Thankyou
It will not spoil my Christmas it means that I now have another letter to add as they have cancelled my day surgery and will be sending me another appointment.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS 🎄 everyone

bub1

• Gold Member
Re: Had letter to say they have postponed my assessment appointment UPDATE
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 04:44:46 PM »
Received new letter this morning with a new appointment date if 25th January 2018 at 3.45.
So I will be sending next week all the other information I have to them regarding hospital appointment etc.
Is this the right thing to do send copies but also take copies wine on the day?

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 05:30:07 PM »
Monic or someone will give you a knowledge-based reply, but my general reply, based on a long-term view of the benefits system, is never to trust that information will end up in the right bit of the benefits system,  especially when there's both a private assessor and a DWP decision-maker involved.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 06:15:23 PM »
Monic or someone will give you a knowledge-based reply, but my general reply, based on a long-term view of the benefits system, is never to trust that information will end up in the right bit of the benefits system,  especially when there's both a private assessor and a DWP decision-maker involved.

I agree 100% with that.

Monic1511

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »
Hi
You can take additional Information with you but if you send anything to the assessment centre make sure you send copies, many assessors will not have looked at the additional evidence and some refuse to look at new stuff on the day as well.

If your assessor doesn't have or wont look at additional stuff on the day then I would hold onto it until you get the decision.  If the decision is not in your favour you send it with the mandatory reconsideration.

I hear a few reports that the assessors are nice folk but since the assessments are rushed they don't have time to look at all the additional things folk bring with them,   they write a report, they don't make a decision though so will sometimes ignore the info as its not their decision.

I know that's not what you want to hear but there is little you can do other than turn up not looking your best on the day.

regards
Monic

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 07:33:43 PM »
Will take it with me then.
Just another question is benefit paid I. arrears? I am due on the 19th January? Next 2 nd February. Is it one week in arrears then one week in front
Thanks

Monic1511

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »
Its 2 weeks in arrears, your paid for the previous fortnight so should be alright money wise

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »
I took two additional lots of evidence with me into the f to f.  She wouldn't accept one, as it related to the shingles Id developed after I'd sent in my pip form.  The other one was was evidence of my mobility issues from the hospital, which had been sent to me after I'd sent the pip claim off.   She accepted that one.  She took copies, and. I had to sign a form that she had received  it during the assessment.  It was used as evidence, as the DM stated that fact on my award letter.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
If they donít read it I will want to know why as their website states take additional information with you.
My son is taking me and coming in with me to as I cannot get on and off chairs on my own

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »
I have an appointment with the nurse at my doctors that deals with my COPD on the 22nd January shall I get proof to take with me that I have had this appointment?
Thanks.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »
I'm not sure having an appointment is that helpful as evidence. While you are there can you say to the nurse you have a DWP assessment imminently and please could they write evidence of your current condition and the difficulties your COPD gives you? That would be helpful if they would as that's very recent and up to date evidence.